12. Why are you here?

I haven't talked to him in weeks.

I decide its for the best. I can no longer pretend like we are friends, hang around the man who holds my heart captive, and act as if I'm not hurting.

I had to restrain myself from replying back more times than I wished, seeing his name popping up in my notifications and closing it down was harder than I initially thought it would be. I bet he wonders what has changed. He's so blissfully oblivious.

I go about my days avoiding any mention of him, I'd shut Kirstie down whenever she tried to bring the subject up. She obviously knows how I'm feeling and why I don't accept her invitations to go out with them anymore. She offered to talk to him and I strongly insisted she don't.

I'm sitting on my kitchen stool, scrolling through my dashboard when I hear a knock on the door. I keep silent because I'm not in the mood for neither small or long talks, but the person on the other end of the door does not get the hint.

I groan annoyingly while getting up to get it.

I swing the door open and suddenly I'm a hundred times more annoyed. damn it.

He stands there with his pretty eyes, looking at me as if I'm responsible of murdering his precious little cat.

"What the hell, Scott" he finally speaks his hands movement showing how exasperated he feels. "We need to talk, get out the way" he pushes past me and walks the distance sitting down on the stool.

I involuntarily sit next to him, still not saying a word, looking at my phone as though that will make him leave me to my misery.

He reaches out taking my phone off my hand and throwing it at the couch direction. I gasp loudly then sigh in relief when it doesn't hit the ground.

"You could've broken that" I tell him, eyes widening.

"Yeah, I don't care. I didn't drive all the way over here to have you ignoring me in person just like you've been doing virtually" he glares at me.

"I'm not ignoring you!" I exclaim, earning a bitter smile to flicker across his face.

"If we are going to do this, I'm not allowing lies slipping their way into this conversation" he says sternly still holding his gaze.

I look down at my hands, on my lap. "Why are you here, Mitch?" I ask him.

"You've been ignoring me and I'm assuming you have a good reason for that, so I'm here to listen to it".

"I'm just having a hard time, and I didn't want to intrude on your personal space anymore" I shrug acting like I'm not even slightly bitter about this.

"Bullshit. Fucking bullshit." He spits out. "Why do you think you're intruding on anything?"

"Because your boyfriend was fucking mad, Mitch. He almost knocked the house down, I was being inconsiderate taking over his role in the relationship" I retorts, heart throbbing hurtfuly in my chest.

"Wow, you thought he was mad because you were taking care of me? If anything he was happy you did!! I was happy you did!! He's had a bad night was all" he informs me, before running a shaky hand through his hair, clearly struggling as much as I am.

Moments passed by, Mitch fully turns on his seat now so he's facing me. He puts his hand on top of mine, on my knee. "I don't want to lose you after I got you back, Scott" He says sounding sweet and so damn vulnerable.

"You never did" I truthfully answer him.

"What do you mean? It's been years Scott, I've lost you for years.."

"And I just told you, you never did. You've been living in my heart even though you think you've lost me. You never did, Mitch. You're forever alive in my heart"

Before I'm able to process what my mouth just spilled, I feel a soft hand cupping my face, and a luscious pair of lips locking with mine.

I close my eyes losing myself to the sensation, drinking in the warm loving lips against mine. I've wanted this for so long, I dreamed about this, I cried for this.

I react to the kiss by kissing him back and hard, gripping his neck forcing him deeper, before my brain flashes red lights and all of a sudden I jump up.

"Mitch! N-no, we-we can't do this, you have a boyfriend" I scoff, eyes looking everywhere but at him.

He gets up and tries to kiss me again, but I push him away lightly.

"Mitch, no! I'm not participating in this. You're cheating on him, w-we can't" I tell him firmly.

"I'm not cheating, Scott. I'm kissing you" he shakes his head.

"But that's cheating, Mitch. Isn't that why you broke up with me in the first place, isn't that why you hated me?" I ask him hating just how shaky and breathless my voice sounds.

"I broke up with you because you were being so insensitive and overly jealous, Scott. And yeah because of the kiss too, but mainly because you were being an asshole and I was suffocating, I needed peace. You made me crave being alone"

This is the first time we talk about what happened in years, and I never thought tears will abuse my face this harshly after hearing those words escaping his lips. The lips I just tasted their sweetness, are biting on my soul, and tearing my insides apart.

I stagger backwards before he's pulling me against him by my shirt, kissing me again.

I push him roughly this time, "STOP KISSING ME" I yell at him. "You can't keep playing with people's emotions like that, you have to break up with him first before you touch me again" I say stumbling over my words.

"No I don't. I can have you both" he replies, not an eyelash patting.

"You're sick .." I wipe at my mouth in a failed attempt to erase what just happened.

I can have you both, what does that even mean?

He holds me by the shoulders trying to keep me steady, eyes piercing into my heart. "I don't need to break up with him, Scott..." he looks up at me, making my whole body shakes. "He was never with me"

He was never with me.