8. SOPHIE.

Nights are getting colder here, while we are transferring from autumn to winter. Thicker clothes, beanies, and heavier hearts apparently.

I long to kiss him. We have been better though! We are actually able to hold a conversation for few minutes now before it's turning painfully awkward or before past memories surface, and we both fall into silence.

I'd see him randomly when I decide to tag along with Kirstie, and to my surprise my bold little bestfriend added me on a group chat with him and Jeremy.

It hasn't been bad honestly.

But I was determined to hang with Mitch alone, just the two of us, as Gen have suggested. To do something together that will hopefully help us evaporate this cloud of negative energy, once and for all.

I've seen posters around, advertising a SOPHIE exclusive show, and if you know Mitch then you must know how obsessed he's with SOPHIE and electronic music in general. I've noticed how he passionately talks about him a lot. Even back then when we were together, he has always been a fan of electronic pop music.

I decide it's the perfect opportunity, I bought two tickets, front row, just for him, and me obviously.

I'm feeling anxious about asking Mitch to go out with me to this exclusive show. I've been to this club before and it's extremely intimate and heated.

I type and delete a dozen times before I scream "fuck it" and press send message.

Scott: Hey, um so .. I have an extra ticket for this Sophie show on Friday, wanna come with?

My phone buzzes three times in a row and I cringe so hard covering my face with my hand and trying to figure if that's a good thing or not.

Mitchy: HFKDKTDTDK

Mitchy: THIS BETTER NOT BE A JOKE

Mitchy: PLS

I smile, relieve washing over my entire being. I should've known he would be excited to meet his favorite producer.

Scott: it's not a joke, I promise! :)

Mitchy: wait, I just called 10 minutes ago and they told me it's a sold out show, how the fuck did you manage?

I clench my jaw. Mitch knows I'm not exactly so fond of this type of music. How do I tell him I went to buy the tickets in person, only for him, without sounding too desperate and forward?

Scott: A friend of mine bought them but something came up and he couldn't go. He asked if I wanted them and I thought it would be fun. Plus, you're the only SOPHIE fan I know!

There, that's better.

Mitchy: That's perfect, thank you, Scott. I'd love to go!!!

A dominant smile occupies my face. "Yes", I mutter jumping up off the couch and dancing in excitement.

Minutes later, I text Gen thanking her for the inspiration. She practically screams and tells me how she thinks our night is going to be amazing and wonderful, and part of me wishes I bought an extra ticket for her. She's so good at comforting my nervous self.

*****

Three days went by painfully slow, I actually went out with Mitch and Kirstie the other day. Mitch told Kirstie about the SOPHIE show and she smirked at me knowingly.