Finding The Truth

"Honey are you okay?" My supposed to be mom asked.

     "Yea I'm fine. I just got up too fast, that's all." I said quickly.

     "Are you sure?" My supposed to be step dad asked not believing my answer.

     "Yea." I say with a small smile.

   They give me a hug and go back to their room. When I hear their door shut I go and turn all the lights back off that they turned on and went back into Lance's room where I woke up. I shut his door quietly and turn around to find him sitting at the foot of his bed staring at me.

     "You better tell me everything." I demanded.

     "What do you mean Hope? It's late and I'm tired. Obviously you need some rest after what just happened." He said nervously.

   I just have him a long look. I can't believe he turned out to be the enemy. After everything seemed to be okay. It all goes wrong. Never in a million years would I have expected this. I don't know where my parents are. I know they are in California but that's a whole different state. A whole different country.

   I walk over to Lance and sit beside him. Maybe just maybe he will give me something that isn't a lie.

                 (H=Hope & L=Lance)

H- Tell me how did your brother die again?

L- He got shot.

H- How?

L- These people went crazy and was shooting every where and they shot him. It was an accident though.

H- Those people weren't crazy. I know this ................because ................I was there. I remember it. You were running with me and I saw these people come in and there he was lying on the ground dead. They were police officers.

L- How do you know that?

H- I know because I got my memory back. I know some things. Like how you hit me and called me a bitch. How you all attacked me and beaten me.................. How Austin is my best friend.............H-h-how I was abducted.

L- ................. When did you get your memory back?

H- A few minutes ago. That's why I blacked out. Lance, I remember everything. I remember how you betrayed me. How you lied to me. I thought I could trust you. Even when I did have amnesia you should've stepped up and said something. Not just sit back and enjoy the show. I had to find out from somebody I didn't remember that my whole life is a big lie. Yet I asked you why Austin said those things but you said he was bad for me and that I shouldn't talk to him. You were never going to help, were you? You would hope that I would never find out and that we could be a one big happy family! I can't believe you! I can't believe this! Why?!?

L- ................... I don't know. I didn't think it was going to get this far. You were supposed to be dead by now. But you aren't so be happy. I never said anything because I would be dead too. I wanted to, trust me, I did..........but........ you had amnesia and you didn't remember your family. Your life. Me. Everything. They thought it was a good idea. So I went along with it.

H- When I got hit by the car. Before that you brought me to my house. I trusted you and I believed you. Then this happened. Why? Why bring me home just so I can get put right back here again? ..............My parents were gone. Everything was packed. They already moved out of the house. I walked in there hoping they would be waiting on me and so shocked to see me alive................... but there was nothing. What if my parents were there? What if I didn't run out and get hit by a car? What then?