Chapter 11; Cute Boys & Lying Sociopaths

"I feel lonely every single day of my life but I'm ashamed to admit that to the people who love me."

~ Unknown

-

Alice's P.O.V

-

    "Finally," says Peter, walking towards me. "I was beginning to get worried."
    "Why?" I question. "It's just a bump on the head. Nothing to worry about."

    "Are you sure you're okay?" he asks again. "It's just that you were unconscious for quite awhile."

    "I'm perfectly alright, Peter."

    Jeez, what has gotten into him? First he kidnaps me then he worries for my well being. God, he's starting to remind me of the time a friend of mine accidentally tackled me during PE and gave me a minor concussion. What was his name again?

    "Alice."

    I blink. "What?"

    "You spaced out," Peter tells me. "Do you still feel dizzy?"

    "No," I reply. "Let's just get this over and done with."

    "Okay, if you say so," he replies, leading the way to the bonfire.

   Thankfully, Peter made no attempts to talk to me on our way to the bonfire. I spent the entire duration of our walk trying to figure out what I was forgetting but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I just have to hope that whatever I was forgetting wasn't important.

****

    "Do you wanna take a stroll around the island with me?"
    I look up, expecting to see Peter again, but instead it's Ray. I smile at him. "Sure."

      "Tell me, what was your life like before this?" asks Ray as we walk down the trail.
    "Boring," I reply plainly, jumping over a puddle of water.
    "Okay. What about a boyfriend? Do you have a guy waiting for you back home?" asks Ray, jumping over the puddle.

      "Nope. I've never had a boyfriend before," I say.
    "Seriously? What's wrong with the boys in your hometown?" asks Ray, raising his eyebrows in disbelief. "They should've been fighting over you."
    "Thanks," I mumble, giving him a small smile.

      "What about friends? You must have some back home."
    "Yeah. Will and Lewis, the three of us have been friends for as long as I can remember."
    "What about you?" I ask him.
    "Me?"
    "Yeah. Do you have a girl waiting for you back home?"

      "No," he replies, shaking his head.

     "What about family?" I ask.

    "I don't remember my parents, but I have a little brother, his name's Christian. He was eight years old when I was taken by the shadow."
    "How old would he be now?" I ask.
    "I don't know," says Ray sadly, shaking his head. "Time stands still in Neverland. He could be dead for all I know..."

****

    "Have you been here for a long time?" I ask him.
    "No, I'm one of the newest lost boys."
    "What about—Ouch!" I yelp, tripping over a fallen log.
    But Ray apparently had excellent reflexes because he managed to catch me before I fell.

    "Woah!" exclaims Ray, catching me by my waist. "Are you okay?"
      "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry," I apologize, scratching the back of my neck. "I'm a total klutz."
    "I can see that," replies Ray, laughing as he lets go of me.