Chapter 6- A New Life, A New Focus

Sayas POV:

Our entrance into the Soul Society was as harsh and as eventful as rumored. For the first 6 months it was nothing but training as a unit from dusk till dawn, helping to create a bond that would follow us into battle.  We fought together, ate together and even slept together on the floor of the 13th Division main hall together. I relished in the time as it allowed me the ability to focus on something other than Kisuke. I still saw his grey eyes every time I closed mine, making it hard to focus and breath at times. I couldn’t believe that I still wanted him; after all of the things that we had been through, I missed everything about him. As for Koga, well he was a constant reminder of the life that I left behind that day and continually tried to redeem himself from the comment that he made. Once the 6 month point rolled past we were moved to our individual rooms and assigned to our specific units within our divisions. This was the day that I was waiting for, my way to impress Ukitake Tiacho. My room was a quaint cottage, off of a pond filled with Koi, rumored to be stolen from the Kuchiki Family Manor. It was a quaint residence with only one large room with a bed and desk and a small bathroom in the back. As I looked around I was reminded much of my room at the academy. My living quarters were only separated by a small bridge to the Captains quarters in Rain Dried Hall.  Taking the day to unpack the dusty bags and trunks that had been waiting for me since the day I had arrived, I was greeted by a white letter with the seal of Division 13 seal; a snowdrop flower printed on it.  My fingers trembling,  I opened it with excitement tering through the paper. As promised it stated that my assignment was to be in the intelligence unit where I knew that I would be able to work closely with Ukitake Taicho and I would be able to show him that I was lieutenant material. After taking time to explore and understand the layout of the Division 13 grounds, I reported to Rain Dried Hall at noon as my letter requested. I was the last of five young recruits that I somewhat remembered from previous classes at the Soul Academy. Before we could even get acquainted, Captain Ukitake walked in escorted by his lieutenant Kaien Shiba. I couldn’t help but to think that I was so lucky to be a part of this Division for not only the ability to partner with all of the other Divisions but for the amazing eye candy that were my superiors. I felt my face flush as they glided by with such grace and honor. I desperately wanted to be like them! Captain Ukitake’s voice was almost fatherly and as noble as he was as he introduced himself and his lieutenant to the six of us.

 “Each of you has been selected to this highly specialized unit for your very specific and unique strengths that you have exhibited through your time at the Soul Academy. I expect more out of each and every one of you than the entire Division 13 squad. You will be strategically partnered with captains and lieutenants from each of the other Divisions to help develop your skills in the areas that you are lacking. You will also be responsible for your daily responsibilities here as well. Unlike the rest of Division 13, this is a highly visible unit to all in the Soul Society and you will conduct yourself as such! I’m an easy going Captain as long as you are willing to do what I ask.” His demeanor was stern but approachable even as he explained our place in the Division.

 I could see kindness behind his green eyes that peaked out from behind his long white hair.

“My lieutenant Kaien Shiba will be announcing your partnerships while I retire to some important business. Please look at him for any questions that you might have”

As Captian Ukitake walked out of the room, lieutenant Shiba pulled out a scroll and began to read off the assignments…

“Jiro is to be partnered with Ginrei Kruchki”

”Ren is to be partnered with Love Aikawa”

“Yasha is to be partnered with Sosuke Aizen”

“Hisao is to be partnered with Sui-Feng”

“Jun is to be partnered with Kensei Muguruma”

“Saya is to be partnered with Kirio Hikifune”