Chapter 2- Morning Combat

Saya’s POV:

I woke up to my alarm clock going off, it was 7am and I hated mornings! I would much rather be up late with the night… A hand caressed my right hip and wrapped around my waist pulling me back in to his chest. Oh my God! I thought; It wasn’t a dream?!? My heart raced as the images of what happened last night came flooding into my mind and I instantly began to panic. I was lying naked in my bed with my best friend! I sat up in bed quickly and grabbed the sheet to tighten it around my breasts. The smell of his naked skin had me unsettled as he sat up slowly and softly kissed the back of my shoulder; as if to calm me down. I turned my head to look at him and he instantly cupped his hand on the side of my face, pressing his lips to mine. That glorious gesture shook my soul and sent my heart exploding with the emotions from last night before. I couldn’t stop myself from reaching for his face to deepen the kiss that hand me in the palm of his hand.  My body trembled slightly as I felt the tender way that his tongue massaged mine. He was so gentle and loving, exposing a part of him that I never would have known existed.  Why did this feel so good? Why did it have to be Kisuke? Shit, I couldn’t let myself continue on this path that would only break us. I pulled away and gazed into his shinning grey eyes, unable to stop myself from question our random exploration into a dark path.

“What the Hell did we do?” I said in a panicked manner.

His posture slumped and the brightness in his eyes faded as I uttered those words.

“Just breathe Saya!” He tried to reassure me as his fingertips caressed the small of my back.

Almost embarrassed by the situation, I placed my hands to my face and fell back to into the pillows.

 “OH MY GOD!” I yelled out.

He laid back down next to me with a sigh, placing his hand on my stomach as he drew circles with his fingers. The sweet act of tenderness that he displayed made me smile again and slightly eased my nerves. What was it about him that made me so at ease, even under these conditions?

“How can you be so calm?” I asked him.

In such a soothing voice he answered back, “One of has to be and clearly you’re not!” trying to get a giggle out of me.

 Again he placed his hand on the side of my face, guiding it to look at him sending butterflies to do battle in my stomach. Although we had touch everyday for the last few years, it was never like this, so sweet and affectionate. A side that neither of us had ever revealed to each other but at the same time felt like it had always been there; like somehow we had this love all along for each other.

Responding to the silence in his always calm and calculated tone, “What can I do to make you feel better? Do you want me to go so that you can process this, go crazy, whatever you’re going to do?”

 I took a deep breath to answer him with one pitiful word, “Please!”

 He sighed deeply then rolled over and began to get dressed. Even through my complete embarrassment, I couldn’t help to peek over to see the luscious curves of his of his back and thigh as he slid on his pants. Part of my mind desperately wanted to beg him to stay in bed with me and the other wanted to be by myself to digest this whole sorted affair.  He glanced back at me as he grabbed for his shirt off of the ground, smiling coyly while he pulled it over his arms and wrapped it around his chest. His eyes called to comfort my worries as he stood up. 

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about this now?"  he asked me softly.

I sat up, still holding the sheet to me for dear life, like he hadn’t just become intimately familiar with my naked form.