Chapter I

"The worst thing about being lied to is knowing that you're not worth the truth" ~Toradora!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My blue sandals slapped the cold, hard ground as I walked across the smooth, cool, stone floors of the castle that used to rule over a kingdom. I wore a white ruffled gown past her knees with a blue ribbon on her neck.

 I wore a white ruffled gown past her knees with a blue ribbon on her neck

I was visiting this castle with my caretaker Maleficent, who is a fairy. Maleficent always wore a black and dark purple robe. She had black horns sticking out of the sides of her head. She had green skin, beady yellow eyes, and had a staff with a green orb at the top. She was never seen without her pet crow minion.

We live in another castle farther away from this one that's isolated from everyone else. Maleficent told me that humans from the outside world are very selfish, greedy, and dangerous. She said that my parents were good people but they were killed by the king, and I was found by her when I was a baby. She said that I was wearing a necklace with blue heart shaped with a crown on top charm. I was never allowed to go outside. The only time I am allowed outside was in the mornings when I stood over a stone balcony to get some fresh air with two goons watching me.

Did I forget to mention that we aren't the only ones living in the castle? We live with goons that are goblins ans trolls that are our servants. I kinda don't like the idea of extra protection for me. It makes me feel helpless.

Anyways, back I was saying; I was walking across the castle, bored out of my mind. I swore I that I circled the castle at least a thousand times already. I read all of the books in the castle, so I had nothing else good to do. A couple hours ago, Maleficent closed off a couple of areas in this castle. I asked her why, and she replied while stroking my long, black hair and looking at my icy blue eyes while I looked at her yellow eyes, "I have work to do. I won't want you getting hurt."

As I walked on, I heard voices. One of them belonged to Maleficent and the other one belonged to another person. I crept closer and I realized it was coming from the rooms I wasn't allowed in. I turned to walk away, but curiosity got the better of me. I  placed my ear against the door and I heard was mumbling.

So I went to the kitchen and came back with a glass cup and placed it on the door. Much better, I thought.

"And why would I want to that?!" Demanded a voice. It belonged to man.

Maleficent replied to the man, "In your heart, there is darkness that is waiting to be awakened."

I heard a ghostly glowing sound and I knew it was coming from the staff that she carried. I heard a gasp, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Perhaps not yet, but I have the power over sleep. And I can awaken the what's inside of you...then you will free to be who you truly are."

I heard a yelp, then silence. What did she do to the man? I thought. Then a bright light came through the cracks of the door. "Ah!" I screeched, covering my eyes.