✧ under the mistletoe.

thanks to hayden for the mistletoe idea (im WHIPPABLE right hayden)

also this is fetus!cake like 15-16 yrs old ok

enjoy :^)

╰☆╮

Luke swears he doesn't like his best friend. He swears. But when he sees Calum talking to pretty-green eyes Jessica, he can't help but feel a little jealous. And maybe his heart breaks a little, too. It's ridiculous, really. To be jealous, mad, hurt, whatever he is. But this was their last party before winter break started and they were supposed to be having fun, together. But stupid Jessica had to, of course, steal Calum from him. Everyone knew Jessica liked Calum, and who could blame her, really? Calum was like the sun.

The part that hurts the most is that Calum seemed to completely forget about him. He left him alone. On their night. They were supposed to be dancing and laughing and hiding in the kitchen drinking Ruby Red Grapefruit Smirnoff. They were supposed to be together.

Jessica was not even that pretty, anyways. Sure, she had green eyes and blonde hair that stopped above her shoulders and perfect teeth. But she was a total bitch. And being pretty means nothing when you have a shitty personality. But there was Calum, touching her shoulder and throwing his head back as he laughed at something she said. He looked beautiful in that sweater – he looked beautiful in anything. And Luke did not liked him.

He sighs sadly and takes a sip of his red cup, his blue eyes never leaving Calum.

╰☆╮

After a while of being alone, he goes to the kitchen in search for some alcohol. For something that will make him forget about Calum and Jessica. About Calum and a girl. About Calum.

He asks a boy with dirty blonde hair if he knows where the alcohol is and blushes at the boy's amused look. The boy, who's name is Justin, prepares something from him called "Woo woo."
The strong smell makes Luke grimace a little.

"Peach schnapps with vodka and cranberry juice." Justin says. "Try it. You'll like it." He takes a sip and ends up chugging the whole thing. Justin laughs at him.

It takes ten minutes or so for the alcohol to start kicking in. He's not entirely drunk, but he's drunk enough to trip over literally nothing. And drunk enough to forget about Calum and go dance on the dance floor, dragging Justin with him.

"I could go to jail for giving you alcohol," Justin laughs and it makes Luke smile. "Wait, how old are you?"

"Fifteen," Luke screams. The music bangs loudly on his ears and everything seems to spin in slow motion. Or maybe it's spinning too fast. He can't tell.

Justin places a hand on his waist. "I could go to jail."

Luke shrugs. They dance for an hour. Maybe. Until Calum comes to get him. He kisses Justin's cheek and tells him a quick goodbye.

"Who was that?" Calum grips his forearm.

"Just-en." Luke giggles and closes his eyes, just for a second, before opening them again, blinking a few times.

"Are you drunk?" Calum asks him.

"No, God, of course not." Luke bites his bottom lip and looses his balance. Calum places a hand on his waist to steady him.

"Let's get you to the kitchen," Calum says. "You need to eat. I'm supposed to take care of you."

Yeah, but you were too busy fucking Jessica.

He lets Calum drag him to the kitchen, which is surprisingly alone. Luke sits on one of the stools and watches as Calum rummages through the refrigerator, before he mutters bingo and takes a tube of chocolate ice-cream. He takes a spoon out of the drawers and walks over to Luke, opening the tub and taking a spoonful.

"Open," Calum says.

"I don't like chocolate." Luke opens his mouth anyways and Calum feds him the ice cream. Luke's stomach does this thing at how intensely Calum is watching his mouth. He blushes and he makes sure to suck a little bit.

Calum gives him some more ice-cream and before Luke knows it, he's not dizzy anymore. Or not that much, anyways. He's sleepy and tired and he leans his head on Calum's shoulder when he sits beside him.

And just when he feels his eyelids drop shut, Calum nudges him. "Hey," he whispers. Luke hums in return.

"Look up," Calum seems nervous and Luke gives him a funny look.

He looks up and his cheeks paint a deep shade of red. From one of the fan's blade, there's a mistletoe hanging and it just happens to be the blade directly above them. Luke's heart starts beating at a fast pace and he's afraid Calum may be listening. Who the hell hangs a mistletoe on a ceiling fan?

"A mistletoe." Calum says, grinning. Luke blushes incredibly hard but the color leaves as soon as it came.

"Yeah," Luke looks away. "You should bring Jessica. I'm sure she likes the cheesy stuff, huh?" He tries not to spill too much emotion on his words, but he's too emotional and he feels stupid when he feels tears form in his eyes, threatening to spill. He shakes his head and takes a deep breath.

Calum places a hand on his knee. "Why would I bring Jessica? Luke, hey." Calum takes his chin with the hand that was placed on his knee and makes Luke look at him.

"Why would I want to bring Jessica?" Calum drops his hand to his lap.

Luke shrugs. "Dunno," Luke's voice comes out soft, quiet. "You like her, don't you? I though you'd like to kiss her."

Calum sighs. "But," He grabs Luke's hand. "I want to kiss you."

Luke's heart stops beating for a moment, only to start beating faster than before. There's a knot on his throat and he gulps it down and he feels it traveling down to his chest, staying there.

"You–," Luke inhales. His voice is shaky. "You do? I thought–"

Calum shakes his head and scoots closer to Luke. "Can I kiss you? I really want to kiss you, Luke." Calum laughs, breathlessly. Luke nods and nods and nods.

His mouth was soft and careful and he tasted nothing like he imagined. He tasted like mint and chocolate and beer. It was gross, but it still managed to leave Luke wanting more.

"Be my lover this Christmas?" Calum asks after they pull away. "And the next one, and the next one, and the next one."

Out of words, Luke nods and kisses him again.

╰☆╮

oh HEY it's the queen of shitty endings !!!!

i hope you've liked that bc i didn't tbh but oh well

-- sophie :D