Chapter 16

I freeze in my spot looking at Ron as my towel fall tot he floor, stunning us both.

I shriek and pick up the towel and run back to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I slide down to the floor, my back against the door, breathing rapidly. I hear Ron's footsteps coming down the hallway and I cover my burning face in embarrassment at the scene that just occurred seconds ago.

"Are you okay?" I hear Ron's voice from the other side of the door and I feel like digging a hole and never come out. "Tiff?"

"Yeah." I say. "I'm fine."

"Can you open the door?"

I look around the bathroom, realizing I didn't bring any clothes with me and the one I had before is all wet. How did that happen.

"Tiffany?"

"I'm going." I say. I grab my underclothes and leave the rest on the floor and put on the robe hanging from the wall. I make real sure that the robe is well tied tight and open the door. I walk pass On, trying not to make eye contact at all. I walk down the hallway and into the living room.

"Be careful." Ron says behind me. "There's glass on the floor."

"Why is there glass on the floor?" I say, still not looking at him.

"Probably because you were about to hit me with a lamp and dropped it on the floor."

I look down at the floor and there are broken shards from the floor lamp. My face runs hot again at the reason of why I dropped the lamp in the first place. "I thought you were someone else." I whisper, glancing at him.

I walk by to the kitchen and grab the broom and sweeper from the far corner. I gasp as I almost bump into Ron as I turn around. "Why are you here?"

"You said you needed help with something." He follows me back to the living room. "So I came."

"How did you get in?" I sweep all the broken shards in one pile. "You can't just get in someone's house just like that."

"Well, the door was opened."

I put the sweeper on the floor beside the glass and slide them in with the broom.

"My dad must have not chosen it right, but you still could have knocked."

"I did, no one answered."

I walk pass him once again and throw the shards of glass in the trash and put the broom and sweeper back in the corner. "I was taking a shower." I lowly say.

"I figured." He leans against the counter. "I'm here now."

"You should go." I say.

"Why would I do that?" I can tell he's getting cocky. "Things got interesting here."

"Please stop." I put my cold hands over my burning cheeks.

"You act as if I have never seen you naked."

"Sop!" I say sternly but he only smiles. "I need to talk to you."

It's time, I tell myself, it's now or never. If I don't speak any of my thought and doubts to him then I never will. I'll just keep backing out and backing out at every chance I get and who knows if I'll even get another chance.

"About what?"

"I know that you have something that you're not telling me."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Why did you come back?" I fold my arms over my chest, to look a little less nervous and try to show a little sense to him.

"I already told you."