Chapter 5: Meeting Sugilite

I sat on the couch, it was actually very comfortable. I was just so tired. Even if gems weren't supposed to "sleep", it was optional if we did. Thoughts kept running through my head, and I was confused beyond anything. I didn't like this feeling...it was new to me. I don't know what it is but it makes me feel...I don't know...maybe I'll figure this out in the morning. So I lay back and close my eyes, trying to relax as much as possible. And within a few minutes I was asleep.

~~~~~Time Lapse Morning~~~~~
I awoke with the most splitting headache imaginable. With the mixture of confusion and anxiety, it wasn't a good combination. I looked over to Stevens cookie cat clock and saw that it was 9:20 a.m. Suddenly, I heard small pitter-patters of footsteps and a boy launching himself toward me.

"GOOD MORNING (Y/N)!!!" He jumped up on the couch and wrapped his small arms around me.

I chuckled because this was a nice thing to wake up to. "Good morning Steven." I ruffled his hair and got up to stretch.

"Where's the rest of the gems?" I asked.

"Right here." It was Garnet. She was in the kitchen leaning against the counter top along with Pearl cooking breakfast for Steven and Amethyst sitting on the counter while scarfing down a pancake Pearl had made. I still couldn't look at her ever since the incident last night.

"Oh!- good morning guys." I said while walking toward the kitchen counter.

"Good morning." They said in sync.

"Wow, you're even beautiful after waking up!" Amethyst said.

"Wha-? No I'm not." I said with a furious blush.

"Amethyst, What did I tell you? Didn't we have a talk?" Garnet said through her teeth.

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever G. I'm not gonna do anything. (Y/N), come closer." She said while beckoning me with her finger.

I did as I was told and came closer. I was about a foot away from her, and she held her hand on my chin. I was confused and my face burned brighter.

"Amethyst!" Pearl hissed.

"Shhh!" Amethyst snarled back. "Now...open your mouth." I was extremely baffled at her request. But somehow I couldn't say no. I opened my mouth wondering what would happen. Then the next second, I felt something weird and warm in my mouth. Forced even. She had shoved a pancake in my mouth and closed my jaws shut.

"Chew it." She demanded. I nodded and ripped off a piece. It was so good. Was this what a pancake tasted like? I continued to chew and swallowed. It hit the bottom of my stomach and flinched. Pearl looked at me and cringed in disgust.

"Eugh- I don't understand how YOU out of all the people would eat this...human mush. I mean you chew it and it becomes soft matter, you swallow it and it goes inside of you, and then you digest it and it comes out of you!" Her face twisted up as if she had sucked on a lemon and turned back to the stove.

I chuckled at her reaction toward eating, but I wasn't very fond of it as well. Well I never really tried it until Amethyst shoved the pancake in my mouth.

Amethyst's POV
I sat on the counter top, practically dosing off at how much Pearl was lecturing us on how much she hates food. I looked at (Y/N) and saw she was eating? I never new other gems could get used to it so...quickly?