11 | xxx

11 | XXX

The Howling Commandos had been informed that Dr. Arnim Zola was on the move near the Alps. As Gabe manned the transmission radio, Amelia, Steve and Bucky took watch on the train tracks.

        "Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked Steve.

         "Yeah, and I threw up." Steve chuckled.

        "This isn't payback is it?"
        "Now why would I do that?"

        The two joked, their friendship was very evident when they spoke to each other.

        "We were right, Dr. Zola's on the train. HYDRA dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle, wherever he's going... they must need him bad." Gabe announced.

        "Then let's get going, they're moving like the devil." Falsworth glanced into his binoculars.

        "We've only got about a ten-second window, you miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield!" Steve called out as he connected something to the zip line.

        Amelia was an expert on timing, however, her only worry was if the men were going to stealthily glide down as well.

        "Better get moving bugs!" Dugan called out, only semi-jokingly.

        Dernier called out when to go as the train came into view. Amelia, then Bucky, then Steve all landed safely into a train cart. Amelia held her machine-gun (her preferred weapon) up, ready to shoot at any opposing soldier. Amelia and Bucky stayed side-by-side searching the cart as Steve wandered into another cart.

         Suddenly, the doors shut on both sides, separating Steve from Amelia and Bucky. They all rushed to the door and pushed on the door. A sound of a gun pierced through the air from the other side of the cart. Amelia and Bucky's eyes shot at each other in fear.

        They take cover behind some crates, attempting not to get shot at. Steve watched from the other side helplessly. Amelia shot multiple rounds at the heavily protected man, along with Bucky shooting too.

        Amelia and Bucky were running low on ammo, and they knew they were on a very fine line of living and dying at this point. Steve bursted through the door, just in time as Amelia and Bucky's last bullet was shot.

        Steve signaled to Bucky to catch the ammo he was going to throw him. Within seconds, the ammo was caught and shot at the man. Amelia pushed the cargo forward, launching the man right out of the cart.

        "I had him on the ropes." Bucky complained.

        "I know you did." But before another thought could cross their minds, another HYDRA soldier came in, blasting a bolt of energy. Steve deflected it onto the other wall, revealing harsh weather conditions and a 200 foot drop.

        "Fire again! Kill him now!" The voice of Arnim Zola shouted.

        Bucky got up and shot at the soldier, but was shot at once more and flung out of the opening, fortunately catching the thin pipe, holding onto dear life.

       Amelia quickly ridded the HYDRA soldier as Steve ran over to Bucky.

         "Grab my hand!" Steve ordered. But it was too late, the pipe unhooked itself from the wall and went down the drop along with Bucky.

Amelia looked upon the never ending scene with one tear floating down her face. Steve was enraged, he threw his shield at some cargo and then at the opposite wall before a bellow of anger ripped through his throat. Captain America had lost his best friend.