Chapter 5 : Roomies

At ten thirty in the morning, what sort of idiot is knocking on your door? Oh, yeah, the drunk kind. Róisín opened the door to a hung-over john asking " how did I get back home last night ?" well of course he didn't know , he was hammered " I drove , you were asleep by the time we pulled up in the parking garage " he exhaled a sigh of relief , he had obviously been worried . " come in , I'll make you a cuppa " she didn't really want company but she sensed it would have been rude to tell him to go back to bed and slam the door in his face . He shut the door and sat down on her bed "milk and two sugars, right?" he nodded yes. She made them both a cuppa tea for him, coffee for her; there was no way she was going back to bed after this. they sat in silence drinking their hot drinks for what felt like an age until he broke the silence by telling her " I got a letter in the mail yesterday, my roommate is moving in today which is a term earlier than expected " .frankly Róisín was relieved she didn't get her roomie until Sunday, it gave her time to settle in, chose the best bed and take up the majority of the storage space. She considered him to be unlucky but all she said was "well isn't that just a stroke of misfortune ". He grunted a response that maintained the silence for another five minutes until he made his excuses and left, she'd have to stick around to find out who his new roommate was.

She was led down on her bed when she got a message from john "can you come down to the parking garage, we need help unloading? plz Rosie "since she had nothing better to do and was maybe a little bit curious she agreed to help. she slipped on her trainers , put her hair up in a messy bun and headed downstairs to the parking garage .john met her at the entrance and lead her to where his roommates car was parked. She could see, after turning the corner, a boy with blonde hair in a basic man bun, glasses, a leather jacket, dark skinny jeans and black combat boots. " hey , Levi , this is Róisín the girl I was telling you about...Róisín meet Levi" Levi took a step towards her taking her hand in his and kissing it " it's a pleasure to meet you Rosh... may I call you Rosie" she nodded softly . " right , bags ... where are your bags ?" he popped the trunk where roughly five or six bags were crammed in with just enough room for a potted plant , she picked up two of them and said " come on boys I haven't got all day " . The bags were heavy, she couldn't deny that, but she loved the shocked look on their faces as she took the two heaviest bags out of the trunk of the sleek black range rover. She proceeded to walk the whole way through the parking garage, up three flights of stairs and dumped the bags on Levi's bed, she then sat down on John's bed the same way he sat on hers whilst she waited for them to catch up

Eventually, the door swung open and john and Levi walked in. Levi shot Róisín a funny look but john just laughed. "Have you come to borrow a cup of sugar?" john asked and the both burst out into an outrageously loud laughing fit. Levi didn't understand what was so funny so he just stood there waiting for them to finish. Levi coughed to get their attention. They both turned to look at him, still laughing and slowly began to quiet down. "Well Róisín it was nice meeting you but, unless you want to help .... I'll see you later "Levi had a quizzical look on his face so she slowly replied" no I'll help "she smiled politely at Levi and started emptying the bags and boxes onto his bed. One by one, the clothes, decorations and technology, found their places on shelves, in drawers, or, like Johns scented candle, on the windowsill.

about an hour later they had finished unpacking and Róisín turned the kettle on to pour all three a cup of tea ( milk and two sugars for john , milk and one sugar for her and no milk and one sugar for Levi ). As they all sat on john's bed to admire their handiwork, levis' phone began to buzz. Once Levi left the room to take his call, Róisín decided it was the perfect time to ask john what he thought of him. As soon as she was about to ask the question, Levi walked back into the room. " well it's been fun but I really must go , see you both around " Róisín pronounced as she got up off the bed , goodbye and see you later were yelled from the bed as she closed the door behind her .

Once she was back in her room, she sat on her windowsill with her book. "What's wrong with love?" was one of her favourite books ever and she loved the romantic images that it gave her. After roughly ten minutes of reading and three chapters later, she got bored. However, she did like the window seat; she got an amazing view of the grounds and a comfortable cushion to sit on. She gazed out her window and spotted the punting lake, she thought that looked fun so she headed out of her room. She stopped by at john and Levis' room to see if they wanted to come along, they did.