Chapter 7 : Hangover Cure & Shopping

There was a knock on the door. John and Levi stood outside. She quickly put her long mousey brown hair in a low ponytail before rushing to the door. She opened the door to one more person than she was expecting. She grabbed her bag and her keys, locked her door, and set off walking down the stairs with them. as they were walking to the garage , Róisín asked "who's car shall we go in , mine , Levi's or john's ?" there was some murmuring of responses until she had to decide for herself , "ok , since I'm the only sober one here , we'll go in mine . Is that alright with everyone?" they both nodded .her car was a mocha fiat 500x which was a bit of an understatement to both of their amazing cars, nevertheless they waltzed over to where her car was parked.

They both climbed into the back seats of the fiat and she put the keys in the ignition. The car roared into action, jolting them all forwards. Róisín managed to get the car going steadily as they hit the main road. It took about twenty minutes to get to the centre of town and another ten to find a parking spot. Once they were parked up, they disembarked from her car. Róisín, John and Levi strolled into the supermarket looking like Tumblr gurus, that was until Levi and Róisín started singing to the song that was playing (not letting go by jess Glynne and Tinie Tempah). "Yooouu were something III caaaant replace ..." screeched Róisín, "you make my heaaart worrkkk..." Levi screamed. John rolled his eyes, grabbed a trolley and drove it between the two screeching eighteen year olds abruptly concluding their imaginary concert.

They drove the trolley through isles and isles of junk until they found the food. Their trolley was virtually empty when they left the fruit and veg isles save for three bags of readymade salad, six pink lady apples, some Caesar salad dressing and a bag of stir fry vegetables for Sunday. They went screeching down the dairy isle to pick up two bottles of milk each, some vanilla yoghurts and cheddar cheese. By the time they approached the checkout their trolley was almost full. since the dairy isle , they had picked up crisps , biscuits , cakes , pastries , bread , pasta , rice , stir fry sauce , popcorn and chocolate. The guys unloaded everything onto the checkout; Róisín was lumbered with bagging it up. It all tallied up to ninety seven pounds, thankfully she had come prepared for such a situation and handed over one hundred pounds in ten pound notes. She accepted the change and drove the trolley over to where the boys were sat. "you could have helped you know?" john fake pouted to gain her sympathy and took the trolley out of her hands and skipped out the door with it in his grasp.

She drove into town as she had a few stops left to make. After parking her car in a forty minute zone, they ventured into town. Her first stop was at WHSmiths, she picked up a few metal desk organisation thingies and Wuthering heights by Emily Bronte. The guys spent this time eyeing up some model on a magazine and later, looking at chocolate. After paying, she dragged them to the chemist to pick up some paracetemol for her hangover cure. Finally, just to make the guys feel awkward, she decided to browse through bras at Victoria's secret. She was delighted looking at their petrified faces as they walked through oceans of pink wallpaper and awkward pieces of lingerie. After ten minutes of this, she decided she had been harsh enough to them. They trudged back to the car, john and Levis' cheeks still red from the embarrassment of being in Victoria's secret. They had only been thirty minutes so they were safely within the parking restriction.

They all clambered into the car and drove to KFC. It only took five minutes to get to KFC from where they were parked. However that didn't stop john from moaning about how hungry he was even though it was apparent that Róisín and Levi were hungry also. Once they had got there, they drove through the drive through as she had decided that they had walked enough for the day .they all purchased a coffee and some amount of chicken wings, she had to resist the urge to eat as she was driving. The smell of freshly ground coffee circulated through the car making Róisín feel the urge to take just one slurp. However tempted she was to take a sip, there were two major issues standing in her way. Point 1: she was driving; therefore taking her eyes off the wheel for a single moment could cause a crash, destroying her car and probably her life which leads onto point 2: spilling coffee. Spilling a single drop of coffee would leave a permanent stain for which her parents would wind up paying for the expert removal of, which would subsequently cause them to be mad at her. However tempted she may have been, she didn't succumb to the urge for coffee.

After disbanding from the car, they raced up all three flights of stairs to her room. Upon arriving, they emptied all the refrigerated items into the fridge. Since there were only two chairs in the room, Róisín sent john back to his to grab another chair. When he came back, carrying a chair, they all sat around her window staring out at the punting lake. After completing their chicken wings, Róisín set to work on the hangover cure. She grabbed two glasses of water, added a dissolvable Paracetamol then finished it off with a spritz of red bull. She didn't know why the cure worked but somehow it just did. She handed the guys each a glass of this concoction and watched as they downed the glasses. Ten minutes later, they were minus the headaches. "I'm getting cooking tonight if you want to join me" they appeared to be interested "sure we'll be there at five if that's ok ". Levi collected his share of the shopping "see you then Rosie "he said winking. John grabbed the chair and made a half hearted smile, something was clearly on his mind but she could tell he didn't want to talk about it so she left him to close the door and walk back to his room.