Chapter Nine : Chemistry Of Both Kinds

The smell of roses drifted through the air. The scent carried an undertone of coffee. She rolled over; she wasn't too surprised by her surroundings as she could recall what had happened last night. Her feet found the ground with a thud. John would be furious; Levi was burning one of his most prized candles. "Advanced chemistry starts in half an hour hunnie "Levi padded over handing her the coffee." you should probably wake john he's in that class as well "he glanced over to john who was sound asleep in the other bed. He looked back at Róisín only to see she had already drained the whole mug "you sure know how to make a decent cup of coffee!". He leant in to kiss her, she backed away "do you really want to kiss me before I've brushed my teeth?" he immediately responded with" of course I do!" that was the correct answer. She leant in slowly kissing him, savouring every second. "you know what, I'm going to take you on a date tonight, you free at six?" she nodded her response.

She slipped back into her room to a beyond shocked Amelia. "Where did you go, I was worried" "nowhere special ". She grabbed her makeup bag and tossed it onto her bed before rooting through her wardrobe for an appropriate outfit, this only took her ten minutes. She applied her makeup and put her outfit out on the floor before her. She had finally rested upon a claret sweater dress, black leggings and black combat boots. To complete the look she dug out her deep red lipstick and put her hair up in a messy bun. Now that she was hay that she looked presentable, she ambled out of her bathroom. She immediately dove straight to her fridge, searching for her breakfast. She was really happy to find that she had some cold pizza left over from the other night. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so why not make it pizza.

As she walked out the door, she was met by john and Levi "to chemistry we go!" Levi pronounced with his arm linked to Róisín's. They spent a good ten minutes attempting to locate their chemistry room, until they stumbled upon it completely by accident, room A23. They worriedly walked in to the room. Thank god they weren't late, the teacher looked pretty stern.

They walked over to three seats in the centre of the room; the only other places that were let were directly in front of the teachers' desk. Róisín immediately felt sorry for the poor unfortunate souls who would wind u in those seats. The bell rang to signal the start of class the teacher sprang into action."Hello class, my name is Mrs Ryan but you can call me Olivia and I will be your higher chemistry teacher "she was a lot nicer than Róisín had anticipated her to be. Olivia instructed them to label their folders and books that had been placed on their desks moments ago. Róisín glanced over at Levis folder "Meyer" she mumbled to herself "his last name is Meyer ... I like it...Róisín Meyer "she did not think herself to be too old to be imagining herself with his surname like little kids do. To her Róisín Meyer sounded like a grand name to be called by your daughter. She was heavily daydreaming now, imagining what she would name her children. "Hunnie, write your name on your folder!" Levi awoke her from her dream state. She wrote her name on her folder.

The hour went by quite quickly. Mrs Ryan just babbled on about the periodic table for almost a full hour. Róisín had almost fallen asleep until she unexpectedly pronounced "your project is to individually write a brief summary of any element, how it was discovered and by whom...class dismissed "the bell rang almost moments later. All of the students in their class rushed for the door but these three just wandered out as if they had no awareness of time passing. Once they were out the door, Levi picked Róisín up to swing her around in the air. "Well wasn't that the most boring lesson on the planet "john and Róisín let out almighty laughs, "that's almost an understatement "whispered Róisín. That was it for today, she was lucky. John and Levi were unfortunate; they had maths roughly ten minutes later.

Maths was about two hours long so Róisín had some downtime. After walking them to lesson and kissing Levi goodbye, she headed to the parking garage. Ten minutes later she was at the mall. She got a caramel latte at Starbucks and sat down at the booth beside the window. Róisín grabbed her laptop out of her bag and set it out on the table. She figured that since she had a full hour to kill before she should go shopping for her date outfit, she should get a head start on her homework.

The element she settled on was argon; it is one of the most common elements of air and can be isolated through fractionation. It is a noble gas and it is most commonly used in welding. This was all she had managed to find out so she would have to word it fancily to make it look like she had done a lot more work.

Roughly twenty minutes later, she left Starbucks having finished her project. She walked over to River Island in the hopes of finding a dress. She settled upon two dresses, a sexy back dress with a sweetheart neckline and a mint green dress with a tight fitting bodice and flowing skirt. She had to make the decision between being cute or sexy. The back dress was sexy and would definitely catch his eye however the mint green dress was cute and would keep the focus on her. After trying both dresses on, she finally decided on looking cute so she went to the till and bought the mint green dress for £249. If he didn't turn up in a suit and tie she would be pissed off.

She was back at her dorm by five just in time to slip into her dress and do her makeup. She warned Amelia not to wait up and took a sip from her emergency beer. She put her phone and money in her sapphire blue clutch and sat down on the edge of her bed. There was a knock at the door.