Seven

Seven

In the days following his release from lockdown, Jamal, experienced firsthand how much influence The Crooks had on other inmates. The first incident occurred when the inmate serving dinner spat in Jamal's food right in front of him. After that he was not allowed in card games , or basketball games in the yard. Inmates would intentionally bump into him, some actually knocking him off his feet, without apology. Jamal's breaking point came when he was working out in the yard, and an inmate came and relieved himself on his boots. Jamal sprang from the bench and punch the nasty mother fucker so hard blood and teeth flew across the grass. The piss didn't upset him as much as the grinning faces of Shit Talk and Shy Boi from across the yard. He stomped over to where they stood by the fence. Wisdom and Eye Candy played cards on the bench nearby.

' You mother fuckers want to get some shit started!' He Challenged.

'Jamal no!' warned Eye Candy. A stern look from Wisdom and he shut up and returned to playing cards as if all hell wasn't about to break out less than a foot away from where he was sitting.

'Nigga, you better fall the fuck back.' Warned Shit Talk.

'I ain't scared of you mother fuckers!' roared Jamal as he ripped off his pissy boots one by one and hurled them at Shy Boi and Shit Talk, who each were able to get out of the way of getting hit. 'You can't bitch me.'

'Is that a challenge?' asked Shit Talk. 'Boy if I wanted to, I'd make you get down on your knees and suck my dick right out here in this yard, and it won't be shit you can do about it but swallow or spit.'

'Yea, you got every mother fucker out here to back you, I'm a man who stands alone; you do all this shit to try and break me, and I'm still gonna fuck him tonight.'

Eye Candy didn't look, he could hear the sound of fists and steel toed boots sinking not Jamal's body as Shit Talk and Shy Boi pummeled the shit out of him.

'You have the power to stop all of this.' Said Wisdom as if nothing was going on.

'He won't transfer out , Wisdom.' Tears began to fill Eye Candy's eyes. 'Please make them stop before they kill him, Please don't let then continue , Wisdom.'

'Hey enough!' he called. Shit Talk and Shy Boi immediately stopped, leaving Jamal on the ground writhing in pain and coughing up blood.

'Please can I check on him, Wisdom.'

'Don't be stupid.'

Throwing caution to the wind, Eye Candy got up from the bench and kneeled down to check on Jamal.

'Get the fuck away from him.' Ordered Shit Talk.

'Fuck you.' Said Eye Candy as he helped Jamal to his feet. 'I'm taking him to the infirmary.' He didn't ask permission, he stated what he intended to do.

'Your ass won't make it out the yard.' Said Shit Talk

'I'm taking him to the infirmary.' Eye Candy bravely stated.

'Let him.' Said Wisdom to the other two who were ready to pounce.

'Thank you, Wisdom.' Said Eye Candy as he helped his battered lover out of the yard.

'You let that bitch disrespect us!' Shrieked Shit Talk.

Wisdom offered no explanation as the bell rang for the inmates to return inside.

'How is he?' Eye Candy asked Twyla, a tranny inmate who assisted the nurses in the infirmary.

'He ain't as bad as he looks; he has a couple of broken ribs and a few bruises that should heal with time.'

'He ask about me?'

'You know he did.' Smiled Twyla. Eye Candy handed him two dime bags.

'Don't tell nobody you got this from me.' He warned.

'I gat ya ; Look , I ain't trying to tell nobody what to do, sugar, but you need to talk your boy into transferring out before something worse happens to him .'

'He won't listen.' Sighed Eye Candy

'Make him; they ain't playing baby.' Twyla patted Eye Candy on the top of his head as if he were a small child. 'I know you love him, but you know that in here survival trumps all; you nor him are going to survive together much longer in here.'

Eye Candy knew that what Twyla said was true. Jamal and himself to a certain extent had rattled the tiger's cage one too many times. He had to get Jamal to transfer out, for both their own goods