Part 25

Christina's point of view~

I walk into the church where my mothers funeral is taking place. I walk into the bathroom all I hear is my high heels clanking on the concrete floor,I look at my self in the full length mirror. My hair's down and straightened which falls a little past my shoulders and I analyze my dress to make sure it looks presentable. I straighten it out flattening the bottom. It's black and falls a little past my knees the top is covered by a cardigan. I lean forward and I check my nude lipstick. I hear someone walk in and stand behind me. "I know you're procrastinating in here." I look up from my reflection at Michelle crossing her arms and side frowning up at me. "Sorry... I just don't know if I'm ready for this." I softy say, pulling my hair into a top bun. "You look beautiful with your hair up. It shows off those pretty eyes and cheek bones." Michelle whispers while pulling a loose strand and pinning it up with a bobby pin from her own hair. I lean in to hug Michelle and she hugs me back tightly. "Can you sit by me at the funeral?" Michelle nods and smiles. "Of course babe."

We both walk out  and I see unfamiliar faces I'm used to seeing with traces of makeup on or full faces of makeup on. But today they're all cleaned up, with either dress pants or tuxes on greeting each other with hugs and kisses. I look into the other room at Roy who's standing over my mothers open casket just holding and stroking the top of her hand silently, while  looking down at her. "Roy?" I ask softly, Roy looks up from his trans and looks over at me with sad eyes. "Come here kiddo." I walk over to him slowly, trying not to trip on the carpeting with my heels. He locks his arms around me in a bear hug. "She would've been proud of you." I look down at my feet afraid of looking at the shell in front of me that once held the soul of my mother. "You know that record deal that's still waiting on you?" I nod and look at him. "I think you should take it, they gave me a call about it. You should take it." I look down at my feet once again with tears in my eyes. "Ok, I will..." I sob, wiping my tears from my mascara stained cheeks. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I walk outside after the funeral is over with Sutan, he agreed to let me stay with him till he goes back on the road.  Roy walks out behind us and we walk back to the car, Roy looks at me sadly and I start to feel guilt for leaving so soon. But he has a life he has to live and I don't wanna hinder that, I need to get my priorities straight. "I'll make some calls about the record deal if you'd like." I whisper with some tears tugging at the corner of my eyes. Roy smiles and hugs me tightly. "Do what you have to do kid." I lose my breath a little from the tight hug. after the hug we go our separate ways. I look out my window as we both take opposite directions. I look down at my phone as I read the old text messages between me and my mom. I come across an old one stating how proud of me she is for pursuing my dreams, and how much she wants me to take the record deal because it's what I've wanted ever since I sang in front of my first crowd. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sutan unlocks his front door and we both walk in, he guides me to the guest room down the hall and I shuffle closely behind him. "You have a pool right?" I ask sitting my bag on my bed. "Yeah of course, use it anytime you'd like." I sit down beside my bag contemplating weather I should call about the record deal or not.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I unpack my things, I get out my bathing suit and I change into it then I find my way to the pool. I underestimated how big Sutans house really is. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk out side with my sun glasses on and I sit on a big blue raft in the pool. Sutan walks outside and sits in a chair. "What do you want for dinner later?" I shrug my shoulders and shove my ear buds in my ears. Sutan rolls his eyes and smiles. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour of sun bathing. I feel my phone buzzing on my stomach. "Hello?" I ask the familiar number. "Hello is this Christina?" a low voice asks on the other side, "Yes this is." I answer with a shaky voice, "Hi we'd like to discuss the record deal we offered a couple months ago."