Introduction

It was a warm spring, nine year old Blue was walking down the street, eating an ice cream. She was slowly going home, her backpack hanging to the side, coming from four long hours at Ponyville primary school. Suddenly, her horn stopped glowing and the ice cream fell on the ground. Her legs started shaking and under the pressure of the heavy bag, she fainted.

She was woken up by the sound of a silent, warm but sad voice: "Blue...Blue...You fainted, it's alright, we did too. You didn't answer our phone call so we got scared. We found you lying in the middle of the street so we brought you home.", the voice was the one of her sister, Purple Spectrum, who was ten years older than her. "What happened? My horn stopped working and then I felt my hooves weak", Blue said. "Dad...dad is in a better place now" said Mel. Silence took over the room as the three mares were crying.

Melanie von Stronghoof was the daughter of a rich businessman and the mother of the two young girls. As the last in the family, Mel had everything that her children needed or will ever need. Her family was known not only for their money, but also for their generosity. Since Indigo Spectrum had been paralysed and unable to walk ever again, his family has been helping charities for fillies with disabilities.

Being one of the only noble families left in Equestria, they have continued to run the three shops in the main cities: Ponyville, Manehatten and Canterlot. Although this might not seem a big income producer, their dedication and love for stallion costumes designed for the gala and special events is well known among the ponies. Now, after many years of their shops being open, "Dad & Son" rings a bell in anypony's ear.