Chapter 8

< (Y/N)'s POV >

"Natsu, what the hell were you thinking?!" I yelled at him on the way back.

"Well, I didn't know where you were, and yelled." Natsu said bluntly, his head resting on his hand.

"Oh, thanks. You entirely blew that out the window, just for that, and I was going to be nice. We're taking the train back." Crossing my arms over my chest, I told Flavious over my shoulder to take us to the train station.

Natsu instantly groaned,"(Y/N)! Why?!"

"Because I can. And you're an idiot, you'll probably learn eventually. Actually, probably not." I was in a bad mood now. Natsu entirely blew how many jewels we would've gotten out the window. Sure, we were still paid, but not half as much as we would've gotten. Frankly, I was pissed.

Natsu was taken aback,"(Y/N)... You seem cranky."

"No, really? All of my rent money was just thrown out the window. You'd be pretty upset too, right?" I said, feigning innocence.

Sting and Rogue were silent, Sting biting his tongue occasionally to hold back laughter. I snapped at Natsu till we got to the train station, and Flavious finally went back to the spirit realm, where all of my dragon souls slept.

Natsu finally decided to shut up. I felt a pang of guilt for snapping at him so much, calling him stupid and ignorant and a lot of other things.

Once we got on the train, I sat alone, hoping no one would talk to me. Leavira, my Nature Dragon soul starting talking to me through my head, calming me down bit by bit.

She was a kind soul, not much of a fighter, and when summoned, was roughly the size of a dog. She, honestly, was adorable. Bright, forest green eyes stared up at me lovingly, her light green and slim body showing off some leaf decals almost, but it was just the way she looked, and her lack of wings made her stand out in my collection of souls.

To put it short: I loved her to bits.

< Natsu's POV >

I ticked her off. Stupid, Natsu, stupid! Don't yell for someone when they're obviously somewhere safe! I was mentally beating myself up, and then, when the train started moving, I instantly felt sick.

I almost collapsed onto Rogue, who'd probably kill me for doing so. Sting was looking into a different seat, (Y/N)'s seat, but I said nothing, even though I was ready to beat the hell out of him for even looking at her.

What? Am I not allowed to like someone?!

Sure, it's weird for me to like her and all, but I do! I would tell her, but she obviously doesn't like me back. I'm suprised she tolerates me! Lucy calls me stupid a lot, and tends to make me feel it too.

(Y/N)'s different. She'd never make me feel stupid or dumb, she'd prefer to have herself get hurt, then watch me take the pain. She's kinder then Lucy, by far. I'm not sure how I ever liked Lucy. (*coughs* Themboobstho... *coughs*)

Groaning, I started to fall asleep. It was easier then staying awake on this ride home, especially since I slept like a rock. Within seconds, I was out.

< (Y/N)'s POV >

I soon fell asleep, and a haunting memory plagued my dream. (BTW @egaerreader RECOMMENDED THIS IDEA THANKS BUD)

Flashback~~

I was training with my Dad, only a young girl, 11 years old at the time. He had taught me how to summon small souls, such as rabbits, or dogs, things of that nature.