Chapter 8: A Red Head and New Rivals

I do not own Naruto, any Naruto characters, or anything Naruto related.

Chapter 8: A Red Head and New Rivals

Tsuki's POV
After a series of missions that consisted of dog walking, weeding and cleaning the river, I was annoyed. Why? Well because Sakura won't stop scolding Naruto and Naruto kept getting hurt while trying to prove who's the best between him and Sasuke. Plus our sensei did nothing to stop it, he just read his perverted orange book.

Anyways right now I'm standing off to the side while watching the love triangle fall to shambles once again. Why can't they see that it's never going to work out. Naruto 'loves' Sakura, Sakura 'loves' Sasuke, and Sasuke I don't know who he likes. I don't think he likes anybody. Me well I don't see a point in trying because I don't feel the emotion, plus I'm too young for lovely dovey crap.

My thoughts run dry when I see a box disguised as a rock run after Naruto. I quirk an eyebrow at the sudden randomness. I watch as the box halts and shines with a blinding light that makes me cover my eyes and explodes. I drop my raised arms and wait for the coughing children to say something.

"I think *cough* we used *cough* to much gunpowder" a boy with a long blue scarf and a helmet wheezes.

I roll my eyes at their stupidity, I mean yeah it was cool and all, but why do you need gunpowder? I ignore the question as I walk off waving to the three kids, Naruto, and lastly my sister.

"See ya around, I'll be at the book store" I say as I turn and disappear from their view.

Now what book should I get? A mystery? A horror? Erotica? Informational? Love? Crime? Sci-fi? I need something to distract me from reality and actually draw me into the plot of the story. A distraction that what I need. Maybe not a book, but something to help me keep my mind off everything.

My river of thoughts come to a stop as I crash to something. Someone. I fall to my butt and suppress a painful groan. I look up to see a guy dressed in a black jumpsuit that finishes with a hat with cat ears? His face is adorned with purple make up. He has a wrapped thing on his back. I look to his side and see a dirty blonde girl dressed in a pale purple dress along with multiple fish net underlines. I see she has a huge fan strapped to her back. What catches my eyes is the Sunagakure headband tied around her neck. They're from the wind country. They must be here for the upcoming Chunnin Exams.

"Ah, sorry I didn't see you there, I wasn't looking where I was going" I apologize to the Sand ninjas while I get up and dust my clothes.

The guy goes to say something, but the girl cuts him off, "it's okay it's not much of a problem" she says.

"So you must be here for the Chunnin Exams, am I right" I ask.

"Yeah, we just arrived, not so long ago" she replies.

"Ah, well my name's Tsuki Haruno, and I'm willing to show you around if you want" I offer.

"Oh, my name's Temari and this is Kankuro, and as much as I love the idea we got to go to our assigned inn, thanks by way" she apologizes as she informs me.

"Anytime" I reply back as I watch them walk away.

Well that was weird.

I ignore them and continue on to the place that became my friend, the book store. Well I was going until I felt this dark chakra coming from the place where my team and the kids were last at.

Without thinking I rushed towards the location and jumped in front of Naruto. I was met with Kankuro holding the kid with blue scarf up by his neck. I got in a offensive position and took out a kunai while shouting at the cat man.