Chapter 2: The Awakening

Garroth's POV

She had been asleep for a week and a half. Cadenza had made her a simple dress, and the girls of the village got it on her. Some of her wounds were healed, and some almost healed. She was still in a bad shape.

She would move around in her sleep, kicking the blankets, trying to get them off of her. She would groan in her sleep. Or that is what Laurance says. She is always calm when it my turn to watch over her. I don't get it.

She was beautiful, mabey almost as much as Aphmua. I couldn't help but stare at her. She the started kicking, and rolling around her bright blue eyes shot open with a scream.

Somehow she took my helm off and got my sword and was cowering in the corner with the blanket wrapped around her. "Your safe," I said trying to calm her.

"DON'T TAKE A STEP CLOSER!" she yelled, threatening me with my own sword.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I said trying to calm her.

"No....no," she started crying and dropped my sword. Aphmau ran down to see what was going on.

Aphmau's POV

I saw Jane Doe was awake, she was crying in a corner. She looked to be about the same age as me, mabey a couple years difference. The dress Cadenza made her looked amazing on her. Her hair was barely tangled, even though she was a sleep for a long time.

She was mumbling no to her self. For some reason Garroth's sword was on the floor near her. Speaking of Garroth his helm was off and on the other side of the room. By how Jane was acting it seemed like she went to the Nether and back. I could tell she had been through a lot.

Garroth was not helping, he is a good gaurd, but his people skills need some work. I am not being rude, but I can see how he would think he would be a bad Lord.

Mabey with everything going on he will stay instead of going to O'Khasis. I don't want him to leave. I don't know how I....Phoenix Drop would survive without him. I would probably never see him again if he would leave.

I walked up to the unnamed girl, "Your safe here," I said to her. She just continued to cry, but she stopped mumbling. "You're in Phoenix Drop, my village. Where are you from?" I asked her.

"I don't know...." she wimpered. "I don't remember anything." I did not know what she meant by that, could she not remember anything that happened to her.

Your POV

I didn't know anything about me. I knew basic knowledge, and simple things like that. I did not know where I was from, why I was running or what I was running from. I just knew I was in danger, for some reason. I only knew one thing about me.

Who could blame me for how I reacted. I was in a place I did not know. I didn't know anything about myself. I just woke up, screaming to find a guy in full armor staring at me. In new

"What is your name?" asked the black hair girl.

"Natalia," I wimpered. It was the only thing I new for sure about myself.

"Well, Natalia I am Aphmau, Lord of this village," she explained.

"How did I get here?" I asked.

"We found you unconscious at the gates," Aphmau said, " You have been asleep for more than a week." I was shocked, I didn't know how to respond. She gave me a hand to help me up. I stood up, shakily.

The guy who I woke up to him staring at me, was now gone along with his helm. "Who was that?" I asked.

"Garroth, my head gaurd," she explained, "Why did he have his helm off?" she asked. It seemed like it was wierd for him to have it off.

"I took it off..."I explained shyly.

"HOW!?" Aphmau asked me.

"Um....vorce...." I said. "I was scared," I explained.

"I don't blame you," she said, "but, you had to be able to cut him off gaurd if you were able to do that."

I just shrugged. "Your talking to the girl who only knows her name,"I said. It sounded like a joke, but I was serious.

"True," she commented, "Do you want to go outside today?"

"I don't really know," I confesed sitting on the bed, "I'm not relly sure about anything right now."

"I'm can understand that," she told me, "You can stay here as long as you like, then if you want to you can leave."

"I don't really want to leave. I should get my memories back somewhere safe," I responded.

"I will build you a house," the Lord said, "just don't expect anything great," she joked.

"I have nothing to compare it too," I added.