Chapter 12: The Search For Nicole

Natalia's POV

Garroth insisted that I should not use my magicks until the whole issue with Zane was over. I didn't understand why, but I agreed. He was training me in the woods. I tried telling him that he didn't need to. I had a the training of a gaurd already. I don't know how I got it, but I got the training. I had on a white tank top, some black shorts, and my hair was up in a pony tail.

I was sitting on the ground. "You don't need to do this," I told him. We were taking a break. I was barely trying so far. I just did since he would not leave me alone till I agreed. We were using wooden stuff so we wouldn't hurt each other.

"You should limit your use of magicks until Zane is gone," he told me. He pulled me off the ground. I picked up the sword. I sighed. "Okay, let's see what you learned," Garroth said.

I got in my ready stance. I was going to try that time. I waited form him to attack. He was telling me what to do, but I zoned him out. He soon resized I was fighting back. He was over powering me. It was the first time that it happened to me, that I remember. I put more force into my sword, as our swords were locked together.

It started to sparkle but I didn't think to much of it. Where our swords connected Garroth's sword started to shatter into splinter. He ducked out from our stand off. His voice shook me out of a power craz.

"You started using your magicks," he instructed. I knew I did, but I didn't know what else to do. I felt there was another way around it, but that was the easiest thing to do.

"I, guess I do rely on my magicks too much don't I," I confessed.

"There are other ways to gain the power over your aponent," he explained.

"I know...Just..." I flopped onto the ground. "When it comes to fighting without magicks I am better without a sword," I explained.

Garroth stood above me with light coming from around his head made him look devine, "Use that to your advantage," he told me, "They will expect you to attack with your sword, not fists.". He pulled me off the ground. "I am no expert at that, so I don't know how to get you better with that."

"Don't worry, I have been sparing with Nicole...." I started. I realized something. "NICOLE!" I yelled.

"What?" Garroth asked. I started running back to her house.

"Okay, well each person has there own type of combat," I started explaining to him, "No matter what. I can feel them. For everyone they fell different. I know what Nicole's 'force' feels like." I got a little lost in the woods. I paused to figure out which way to go. "Aphmau said that one of Nicole's weapons were still in her room. I could use that to find Nicole. Maybe." We came out onto a cobblestone street. I ran across it to Nicole's house.

"You are genius!" Garroth interjected.

"No, I'm a magicks user," I corrected him. I barged into her house and ran downstairs.

I focused on her weapon to get a strong feel of Nicole's force. Once I got it I could feel it all over the room. I used the feeling of Garroth to keep me from getting overwhelmed. Once I straitened it out I fallowed it up the stairs. I fallowed it passed the old guard station and Kiki's farm. It headed into the woods East of Aphmau's house.

It stopped inside of the remains of a house. You could see the giant tree from here. I walked around the the house to try to relocated at. I tired myself out. I got a headache. I clasped into Garroth's arms. "I lost it,"I sighed trying to stand up.

"You tried," he said as he sat me down on the ground. "Let me get you back home."

"I can get home on my own," I told him. I tried to stand up, but stumbled as I tried.