CHAPTER 30: Unfair

Kanina pa niya nararamdaman ang kamay na humahaplos sa kanyang pisngi at ang mga labi na banayad na humahalik sa kanyang leeg. Ngunit pinili niya munang huwag gumalaw at manatiling nakapikit.

She could definitely get used to this, waking up on bed with his warmth enveloping her. It feels like home. Everything seems to be so right. But she knows better. Soon, they have to face the real world. And she still needs to fight in order to win for the man she loves…

DJ: Hey, baby… Baby, wake up.

Mahina nitong bulong. In response, she hugs him without opening her eyes.

Kathryn: Ayaw! Antok pa si baby eh!

He laughs a bit.

DJ: As much as I want my baby to sleep more, she needs to wake up. Dr. Marcus is coming to check on her.

Sa sinabi nito ay napamulagat na siya.

DJ: Oh! What pretty eyes you have!

Panunukso nito habang nakangiti. But she just rolls her eyes na kunyari ay naiinis.

Kathryn: Bakit nagtawag ka pa ng doctor? I think I'm already feeling okay.

DJ: Kelangan mong ma-check just to make sure that it's safe for you to train. And baby, please no more drinking. You have to focus with the upcoming tournament.

Nakikita niya ang determinasyon sa mga mata nito. He's silently telling her that she needs to win. Gusto niyang sabihin dito na gagawin niya ang lahat manalo lang siya. Marami siyang gustong sabihin at ipangako. Pero mas pinili na lang niyang ngumiti at pagaanin ang sitwasyon.

Kathryn: You want me to focus?

He nods like a kid.

DJ: Yes, baby. Please?

Kathryn: Bakit ba kasi kelangan kong manalo sa tournament?

Nakangiti pa rin niyang tanong dito. Pero nakakunot na ito.

DJ: Uhhh… because you need to win in order to marry me.

Kathryn: What if I don't want to marry you?

Napansin na nitong nang-iinis lang siya.

DJ: Ah ganon ha? You don't want to marry me?

Kathryn: Yep! What are you gonna do about it?

DJ: I swear to God, Kathryn! I'll drag you in front of the altar and force you to marry me!

Tuluyan na siyang natawa sa sinabi nito.

Kathryn: Ayaw!

Napapangiti na rin ito. Pero halatang medyo naiinis.

DJ: What? You think it's funny? Huh?

Next thing she knows ay hawak na nito ang dalawa niyang kamay at patuloy siyang kinikiliti. Pilit man siyang nanlalaban ay wala siyang panama sa lakas nito.

Kathryn: Wait! Wait! Time first!

DJ: Ha! Time first? This is not a game, baby!

Wala pa rin itong awa kahit nangingilid na ang mga mata niya sa pagkakakiliti nito.

Kathryn: Stop! Please!

DJ: Say you'll marry me first!

Kathryn: Are you proposing?... because I don't see any ring.

Tumigil na ito. At muling dinama ang kanyang pisngi while looking in her eyes. She stops smiling.

DJ: I'm not proposing... I'm imposing you to marry me… because I don't want anyone else… I want you to be my wife, Kath… Only you. Just you. Forever.

His words are full of sincerity. Lalo ng nangingilid ang mga mata niya sa emosyon na nararamdaman. She can't bear to crack a joke or to make light of the situation anymore.

Kathryn: Mahal na mahal kita, DJ. Of course, I'll marry you. And I'll do anything just to win. I promise.

He seems pleased with her response. But there’s still a hint of sadness in his eyes. Maaaring naiisip din nito ang realidad ng sitwasyon nila. They love each other. They want to get married. But the girl still has to fight for him... for the prince… Maybe, that’s what life really is… it’s unfair

________________________________________

Just made a short “pahabol” chapter… Hope you like it! :)