Chapter 9

Marley

I was laid up in bed watching Martin and eating gushers. It was a pretty chill Saturday, as it crept up on 4 pm. I thought back to last night. I pushed it to the back of my mind as I started paying attention to the roasting session between Pam and Martin. I started cracking up, my laughs subsided as I heard my phone ringing to my suprise it was Frankie.

"Wassup babygirl?" I smiled.

"Hey! How is your day going?" She asked.

I couldn't help but notice the joy in her voice.

"It's fine, yours?" I asked.

"It's going great." She said.

"You sound so happy, I love it." I smiled again.

"I got the job, Marley!" She squealed.

"Congratulations, beautiful!" I sat up all the way.

I remember her telling me about this job and how bad she had wanted it the other day when we went out.

"Thank you, I just had to call and let you know." She said.

"Awww, the kid feeling special." I chuckled.

"As you should, but to celebrate I want us to go out tonight." She suggested.

"You not going out with ya girls?" I got curious.

"We're celebrating next weekend when all of my friends are in town." She explained.

"Oh aight, where you tryna eat at?" I asked.

"Nah.. we're going out to the club Marley." She told me.

"Oh I'm down with that too." I nodded my head.

"Good, I'm going to call you at 8 or 8:30." She said. "Talk to you later sweetheart."

"See you." We hung up.

I don't even really go out to clubs cause that ain't really my scene, but with Frankie I'm really willing to. I just hope we have together.

₪₪

It was 8 p.m. as I got dressed. I threw on a plain white tee, light washed jeans, hunter green bomber jacket, and my cool grey huaraches. I put on my black Nike hat and tried to figure out if I should wear it or not. I decided to keep it on as I put on my gold Nixon watch. I put on my Bleu de Chanel cologne and sat back down on my bed as my phone started ringing on my dresser. I thought it was Frankie so I was quick to answer it.

"Hello" I picked up.

"Wassup my boy." I realized it was Q.

"Wassup?" I greeted him.

"Yo, I got invited to a telly tonight. You down?" He asked.

"Well I'm going out with Frankie tonight to celebrate. She got her dream job and shit, and she wanted to go to the club. But if we leave early, we'll slide through." I fixed up my laces.

"Oh shit," Q chuckled. "You better get some tonight." He said.

"If I'm lucky." I said. "Sike nah, I'm still tryna get to know her. But if hey, if she down, I'm down." I laughed.

"I feel you my boy." Q laughed. "I still need to meet her." He said.

"I got you fam." I pulled my phone from my face. "She calling right now, ima hit you back." I told him.

"Aight, see you later." Q hung up.

I switched over to Frankie's call.

"Hey Frankie." I greeted her.

"Hey baby boy, I'm ready."

Woah, she called me baby boy. I was too gassed, her voice sounded so good when she said that. I think I almost got chills.

"Aight, I'm on my way shawty." I smirked.

"Okay." She giggled.

We hung up and I was on my way.

₪₪

I pulled up to her building and got out the car as I waited for her. A few minutes later I saw her walking out and I was greeted by her heavenly presence. She wore a burgundy shirt that she tied up in the front, black ripped jeans that hugged her curves, camouflage print Roshes, and an all black bomber jacket.

She smiled as she noticed me. "Wassup?" I smiled. "Hey." She hugged me. I held her as we rocked back and forth. "I'm so happy for you." I smiled. "Thank you, I appreciate it." She looked at me as I opened the door for her. I climbed into the car and we pulled off.