Chapter 7

Marley

We had just gotten to Steven's girlfriend's house on the other side of town. It had turned 11:10pm as we settled in the dark living room and peeked out the blinds plotting and waiting on the right time to shoot. Jet and his boys were out there, just like Steven said they would be.

"Yo where's Leah at?" Marko asked Steven. "That's ya girl's name?" Q asked. "She's at work, and yeah fool." He answered to them both. "You gon' let her come back here after we done or?.." I asked. "I'm gonna tell her to come sleep over at my crib for a few nights, just until things simmer down." He said. "Aight then. Time to get down to business," Marko moved towards the window. "There his bitch ass go in that bright yellow hoodie." He shook his head. Q looked out the window to check for himself. "Get his ass." He said calmly. "In a minute bro." Marko said as he saw me get up.

I walked up calmly towards the blinds and examined everything. "These niggas ain't paying attention, Jet about to get caught lacking." I nodded my head towards Marko. Without any further words, he cocked his pistol and put his hand gently out the window. The loud commotion from outside silenced the sound of the bullet that was just fired. Jet began to stagger around hopelessly, Marko shot another one, in the matter of seconds Jet fell to the ground as his boys and others crowded around him.

As I watched him fall lifelessly to the ground, I noticed the blood spewing from his mouth and staining his hoodie. "Karma is a bitch ain't it?" I shook my head.

"God damn." Steven was astonished. "Let's just hope that was good enough." I said as I went to the couch. "Word." Q shook his head and took a deep breath. Marko closed the window and sat down on the floor. "I can't believe I just did that shit." He put his gun next to him. "Don't stress fam, he was gon' get got anyway." Steven said. "You right bro." Marko nodded.

Silence filled the room as we heard sirens and screams from outside. Q peeked through the blinds. There was a crowd of people and an ambulance truck. "Let's leave while they're distracted." Q suggested. "Bet, let's go." Steven said.

We all piled into Marko's black on black Camaro and left the scene. He dropped me off back home and promised to come see me about some more business soon, I dapped him up and went into my building.

₪₪

I lived in a nice ass Loft building, I had more than enough space to accommodate all of my needs and I had more than enough money to tend to all of my wants. When I was teenager in highschool, I never thought I'd be selling drugs for a living. It's not the best job in the world, but it helps me get by a whole lot. I bring in around a couple thousand every other day and I'm not really complaining about the income, I just wish I could make this money another way sometimes.

I kicked off my shoes in my room and went to the bathroom to start my shower. I looked at the clock as I got undressed. It was only 12:00 am, and less than an hour ago me and my boys ended someone's life. It's kind of crazy to think about, but that's just how shit is. I hope Frankie doesn't ever ask me what I do for a living, I'm trying to get to know her.. not run her away. I'm just thankful that question wasn't asked to me when we went out to eat, or when I took her to her friend's house. What would I even say to that question? I pondered as I got into the shower to wash away all my thoughts.