Chapter 5

Frankie

I woke up the next morning with a slight headache and something next to me. I turned over confused as I saw Marley shirtless with his arm over my waist. I suddenly remembered that we went over Kennedy's house last night to have drinks, I must've had one too many because I honestly don't know how we got here. I laid back down facing him, hoping I hadn't done anything I would regret. Weirdly, I didn't feel uncomfortable with him being here next to me, in my bed. I tried going back to sleep but I couldn't. I started tracing the tattoos on his arm with my finger as I felt him move. I looked up at his face as he continued sleeping. I closed my eyes and laid there as I felt him pull me in closer.

"Good morning." He kissed my forehead. "Good morning." I smiled. "So, do you know how this happened?" I asked. "Me getting here?" He asked and rubbed my back. I got goosebumps. "Yeah." I answered. "Well, last night we were at your friend's house drinking and you were having a ball. Then I took you home and as I was about to leave, you said you'd like it if I stayed the night. I asked if you were sure and you insisted, so that's how I got here." He said still holding me close. I most definitely was drunk because I never invite guys over after the first date. "Did I do anything else?" I got scared. "Yeah, you was throwing it back." He smirked. I covered my face in sheer embarrassment, why in the world did I even choose to drink? I felt my face getting hot. "Chill out ma," he laughed. "You ain't do all that, you just changed and got into bed and went to sleep." He started to rub my back again and closed his eyes. "Don't do that." I playfully pushed him. There was a moment of silence between us until my grumbling stomach broke it. "I'm gonna go make us some breakfast," I got up. "I'll be back."

As I made my way downstairs, everything started fading away and I couldn't stop it. I felt so vulnerable and confused as I called out to Marley for help, he didn't say a word as everything went black. I opened my eyes and realized it was all a damn dream. "The fuck.." I mumbled and looked over at my clock. It was well into the late afternoon. I stretched and sat up in my bed, since I was thinking of Marley I decided to text him.

I picked up my phone and saw a text from Marley already, he had texted me hours ago.

Marley: Good morning beautiful, I had fun last night with taking you out and meeting your close friends.

Me: Good afternoon, I had fun as well. Hopefully we can meet up again real soon.

He texted back almost instantly

Marley: I'd love to. Just let me know the time and place.

Me: okay sweetheart.

I put my phone down and got out of bed to go take a shower. Good thing I didn't have work today, I decided to go get something to eat and come back home to relax.