Prologue

I remember when my brother and I used to wake up early just to watch cartoons in our mother's living room, or when we would stay out late in the backyard and count the stars above our head. I remember him telling me, "Frankie.. one day I'll be able to touch the stars and I'll bring one down for you." Now years later, he's among the stars.. looking down on me. Losing my brother has been the toughest thing I've ever experienced. My only sibling, my first bestfriend, my partner in crime. Taken from our family by a single bullet to the chest. My mother and I, we never "got over it" we just learn a little more each day how to cope with it.

Blaque would be proud of me, I just graduated from college and I'm living in an apartment in upper Manhattan, I work at a local diner right down the street and I'm in the process of becoming a fashion journalist for a new magazine called Vougish, if he was here now he'd be telling everyone how proud he is of his little sister. I used to love making my brother proud, I still do in a sense.

My brother never wanted to see me mess up, and although my brother had his name in the streets he never brought it around my mother and I, and he never encouraged me to do the things he was doing out there. His main goal was to protect us, and I still feel him protecting us.

I love you Blaque.