Chapter Three - A Fairytale

In no time, in a grove, there the fairy's residing place hid. There was a glade where there were hot springs and in the surrounding forest area, the trees had little houses where they all connected through beams, ladders, and bridges. It was beautiful — almost like out of a fairytale.

There the two soaked, relaxing in the hot spring. Evangeline tended to Belle's battle wounds as the dwarf put her head back. Belle brushed through her tangled hair and decided to speak as the fairy was doing her job, "So it has been quite a while since we last have seen each other. Tell me, what have you been up to?"

The fairy smiled and looked down coyly, "Well as you can see, there have been some thieves around. They have set up a camp nearby, so I had to put an invisibility spell over my hiding place and cover up the once free paths."

"So that's why I lost my way," said the dwarf with a hint of intrigue in her voice.

"Yes," the fairy replied as she healed her friend's sides with her magic. "Looks like I made a good call with that. Ever since those thieves had moved in, unaware of my presence, I sensed a slight evil starting to grow here." The dwarf furrowed her brows and sat up straight as she continued, "The animals have become... well... like animals, and act like they have gone completely mad. They've grown hostile and will not heed my word."

Belle said, "I have been feeling a darkness falling over many different parts of Middle-Earth. I didn't know that it would affect these woods, though."

"Yeah," the fairy replied. "So how have things been for you these last five years?"

"Oh you'll never believe it," the dwarf started. "It has been extraordinarily and irrevocably boring!" the fairy's pointed ears drooped. "Except for today, being the most interesting day that I have had in years!"

"Really?"

Belle continued, "Yes, there was a five day long tournament in Bree, and guess who won?"

Her ears perked up as she squealed, "You did!"

"You're a smart one," the lady dwarf smiled as she forgot about the pain in her wounds. "I won a sword forged by Mahal himself!"

The fairy gasped and stopped healing her friend, "Oh let me see!"

Belle got up slowly out of the hot spring into the cold night as she wandered over to where her pile of clothing was. Slowly, she adjusted to the cold autumn weather as she took her scabbard from the pile and hurried back to the hot spring. The dwarf slowly took the beautiful blade out of the scabbard and carefully handed it to the fairy.

Evangeline gasped as she twirled it. The dwarf ducked and laughed, "Be cautious with that thing and don't swing it too close to me!"

She giggled and gave the sword back to her, "Sorry. That's an amazing blade, though! Definitely fitting for a great warrior like you," the fairy said with a smile.

"Thanks, Eva," the lady replied. "And you'll never guess who I saw after the fight, too."

"Who did you see?"

"None other than Gandalf the Grey. I saw him last night while I was staying in the Prancing Pony. He talked to me about going on a silly quest to reclaim Erebor to get Thorin and the rest of us killed," Belle let out an exasperated sigh.

With a shocked face, the fairy interrupted her, "I thought that Gandalf was a good wizard! Why would he do such a thing?"

The dwarf paused, "Oh, I was being sarcastic. And he is, but I don't know what he was smoking that night to say something like that. I'll have to borrow it sometime."