Chapter 4: The Quest Begins / Atlantica

A few months later graduation is just around the corner. Axel decided it was too much work to hide his new abilities from his parents at home so he ended up moving in with Xanie since it was only temporary until they began their quest. Axel and Xanie spent their normal lunch sitting with Zexion, Roxas, and Xion as they now did ever lunch block. To anyone else in the lunch hall they could have sworn axel and Xanie were joined at the hip as nobody ever saw one without the other unless they had separate classes. After school they headed to Yen Sid's office just as they normally did every day after class. First they wait in the halls to make sure the other students had left the school then they enter the room.

"Welcome students. Axel, Xanie." Yen Sid from behind his desk gives them both a creepy grin.

"master." They both bow.

"I'm afraid to inform you both the darkness has grown larger it is now time for you to go in search of the door and seal it shut. Xanie... I believe you are ready and I hereby state that you are a keyblade master... go forth now and complete the task for which you were chosen." He says very seriously.

"Yes master..." Xanie bows.

"Axel... you are a master in your own art, use the chakram well to aid her in her quest. I have the utmost faith in you my boy..." Yen Sid puts his hands together.

"Yes sir. I will do my best." Having spent the passing months being drilled about how important it was that Xanie be the one to seal the door axel understood how important it was that Xanie get to the door.

"Alright... then here is one final gift from me to begin your adventure..." Yin Sid places two golden badges on the desk in front of him. "These will help you open the paths to new worlds. Without these you will not be able to travel the links between the realms... so try not to lose them. Also I have a tiny little advisor for you..." Yin Sid points to the small man on the table.

"Jiminy cricket's the name. I look forward to working with you." Jiminy smiles and disappears into Xanie's pocket.

Xanie and axel take the badges and clip them onto the fronts of their shirt. "Are you ready to take on the greatest challenge you have ever possibly faced?" yen Sid inquires. Both axel and Xanie nod. "Good... here's the keys to the gummi ship. Good luck. And may the animation Disney gods have mercy on your souls."

The two of them bow again an accepting their mission head in the direction of the gummi ship. "It's finally happening... we're going to see a new world. Are you excited axel?" Xanie smiles.

"Yeah... I am excited... just also nervous you know. I've never been outside hallow bastion before..." he admits.

"Yeah I've only been off world once... and that is because I'm not from this world... I'm from a place known as traverse town. I moved here the night the keyblade chose me merlin and Yen Sid came to find me." Xanie smiles.

"Oh that's pretty neat so then you got any idea how to fly this ship?" axel says looking up at the gummi ship as they approach it.

"Not a clue..." she admits with a shrug.

"Well guess we'll just have to push buttons until something happens right." Axel laughs.

"Hello... we're here to teach ya how to fly." A chipmunk with a red nose waves down from the cockpit.

"That's right we'll teach you everything you need to know. I'm dale and that chip." The other one with the black nose and detective outfit smiles. Chip and dale go over the controls of the gummi ship which doesn't take long because there are only a few buttons that need to be memorized.

"This one shoots the left Side gun, this one fires the front facing gun, and this fires the right Side gun. This button makes the ship go. In order to pass to different worlds the ship automatically locks onto the signal of the darkness... so you just have to hit go. In order to return to worlds you've already been simply copy the lands location code using the save location button located here. That will save the world data to the system log so you can select it anytime you like." Dale explains.