Chapter 17: Yen Sid's Mysterious Tower Time for a Break

Zexion, Axel, and Roxas are too tired from battling a ton and losing their strength in Olympus colosseum to continue doing anything today, so Xanie decided to let them take a break and the group travels back to Yen Sid's mysterious tower. Silently Xanie was grateful for the break too after she had actually died in the last world they visited she still wasn't feeling the best.

They leave the gummi ship docked in its designated place and chip and dale begin to re-pair damage and replace fuel.

Axel and xanie walk up to their room and axel collapses on the bed in a huff. "Who knew this hero thing would be so hard." Axel complains. "My whole body hurts."

Xanie sits on the edge of the bed next to axel completely beaten herself. "I know what you mean..." she whispers.

Axel moves up against the wall more to give Xanie some room on the small bed. "I realize I've said this before Xanie but... just how the fuck was yen expecting you to do this mission on your own?"

Xanie lays down next to axel and he puts his arm around her.

Axel smiles a little bit. "I'm so tired I can hardly move."

"Me too." Xanie mumble and lays against axel. "We'll rest for a bit and then we'll finish the job."

Axel nods and holds her closer. 'I'll never let go... not again.'

-later-

Axel wakes up first and looks at the time. 'We only slept for three hours but I feel much better now.' He looks at Xanie who is still asleep. He smiles a little bit. 'Gosh she sure is cute.' He pushes the hair off her face. "Xanie..." he whispers.

Xanie blinks and looks up at axel. "Hm? Time to go already?" she yawns and stretches.

"We can wait a little longer if no worlds need us, but I do think we should get something to eat first." axel comments and sits up stretching and shaking out his spikey hair.

Xanie nods. "Yeah that sounds good."

Axel and Xanie head down the steps to the main room where they see the three good fairies talking to merlin. Xanie frowns and crosses her arms. "Master merlin..."

Merlin turns around and smiles. "Yes child?"

Xanie sighs and looks the other way. "Did yen come back yet?"

Merlin shakes his head and strokes his beard. "No he's quite busy on his mission."

Axel frowns. "Can we ask what he's doing? I mean after what happened a few hours ago it'd be nice to know he's still on our side."

"Surely." Merlin smiles. "He's been tracking your progress on sealing the worlds, using the paths of darkness to try to locate the door to kingdom hearts. That way once you have all completed sealing the darkness you can close the door and reseal it."

Axel let's out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. I thought he was ignoring us because he didn't want to help."

Xanie frowns. "What happens to the keyblade once we seal the door?"

Merlin nods. "The keyblade will be sealed away once more. It is the only way to keep the power from corrupting the hearts of man and re-opening the door again."

Axel smiles. "I can live with that." He puts his hands behind his head. "Just as long as I get to stay with Xanie."

Merlin puzzles for a moment. "I suppose."

Axel frowns slightly. "Wait what is that supposed to mean?"

Merlin frowns and strokes his beard again. "Xanie's heart is filled with darkness. I thought perhaps by now you would understand that in order to seal away all the darkness from the world once more would mean..."