Chapter 12: Beast's Castle

Once all four of them are aboard the ship Xanie targets the next location and the ship begins its flight. Xanie folds her arms and leans back in the chair stressing over the news that merlin and Yen had lied to her. What else could there be that they hadn't told her? Could she even trust them anymore? And if axel was on their side and not hers could she not trust axel? And what of the darkness inside her? Was everything Xanhort told her truth or a lie as well? What was the truth? Xanie wasn't even sure she wanted to know anymore.

Axel was having similar thoughts running through his mind. Could he trust Yen? Could he trust Xanie? He really wanted to believe that master Yen would never compromise a student. He wanted to believe Xanie was incapable of going completely dark. But what if she did go completely dark? The hardest choice he would ever have to make was Xanie or the universe and he wasn't even sure he wanted to make the choice of one over the other.

"So other worlds." Zexion starts but then trails off.

"Yeah..." axel nods. "New worlds is an interesting concept..." he looks strait out the window unable to look at Xanie right now. "But it's a lot of fun."

"I'm excited." Roxas smiles. "I've never left hallow bastion before."

"Me either." Zexion nods.

"Well you're in for a surprise then guys." Axel half smiles. He glances over at Xanie and finds her looking the other direction. He frowns. "Xanie... you alright?"

"No" she mumbles.

"Anything I could say that'd make it better?" axel asks.

"Not unless you can tell me everything about my past and answer all my questions..." she sighs.

"Oh..." axel frowns. "No I... I can't do that... I'm sorry."

"Ok..." Xanie mumbles still turned the other way again.

"You're worrying about your past?" zexion remarks. When there is no answer he decides that's a yes. "You shouldn't..."

Xanie turns to zexion and now they can see the look of pain on her face from being lied to. "how can I trust Yen and merlin... how can I trust myself... what about anything is not worth worrying about?" Xanie remarks to zexion.

"Does it really matter what you did in the past?" zexion replies. "After all it doesn't affect who you are right now... or whom you chose to be?" after another pause of silence. "Good or bad in the past... that life is far behind you now... what matters now is what you chose to do right now."

Xanie smiles a little. "Your right..." she sits up in her seat. "Sure I may not know the truth about where I came from... sure I may not know what I did in the past... but it's just in the past." She turns to axel and smiles a bit. "I think as long as you guys are with me... no matter what happened before... I can make up for it... and just be the best I can right now."

The other three nod. "That's all anyone can ask for Xanie." Axel smiles.

The ship stops and the four of them are beamed down to the entrance of a large castle. Xanie turns to look behind her noticing the large door, then turns and looks left and right quickly. "Big place... I wonder what kind of beast lives here... or maybe that's just his name..." Xanie keeps her voice low as she scans the place.

"Pardon me miss but... I don't think it is a wise idea for you and your friends to stay here for too long." A voice sounds from nowhere.

"Who's there?" axel looks around warily.

"Down here good sir."

They look down and see a clock and a candle on the ground in front of them. "So talking door in wonderland... looks like now we've got talking furniture... this is insane..." axel mumbles.