XI

My hand was gripping something cold. My brain felt frizzled, deep fried, and beaten. Ugh. Headache. My face was smashed into some think equally cold. I squinted my eyes open to darkness. I had apparently awoke very early in the morning, according to the blackness outside. I looked to what was clutched in my hand. I stifled a gasp.
It was another hand.
Nolan's hand.
Memories flooded my mind like a broken dam. I was surprised to find Nolan still in bed, I was surprised he hadn't left.
It was nice to know he didn't leave.
I sighed and snuggled deeper into his chest.
"Your awake."
I shook my head, no, I was not awake.
I could practically feel him smile. I tried not to let the smile onto my face, I even tried frowning, but he smile eventually edged up the corner of my lips.

Lips.

Sneaky little bastards.

I peeked open an eye, Nolan was looking at me. I felt my cheeks heat up, and looked away from him. I closed my eyes again, but a thought nagged at me. I felt a little strange, not having taken a shower in a few days, dieing, coming back to life, and almost being beaten to death by my mom.

I think a shower was a little overdue.

I pried my eyes poen and met Nolan's eyes, "Do you have a or bath, or something? I feel a little gross."

He nodded, "Yeah, yeah," He slid his arm from under my head and stepped off the bed, "Come follow me." 

So I did.

________

The tub itself was huge. A giant, equally victorian clawfoot tub that was original to the house. Nolan had heated some water from a fire, since there was no electicity, and poured it into the tub to the perfect temperature. The bathroom was giant, fully hooked up with a bidet, toilet, sink,  and tub. The tub was placed in the very center of the huge 16 by 16 room. The floors were the cherry wood, just like the rest of the house.

So, I laid in the tub, up to my nose in jasmine bubbles, loving every second of it. The water steamed, and the jasmine wafted into the air, creating steamy, jasmine infused air. It was great, I just didn't know what to do about my clothes. The shirt was ripped, and my jeans were pretty shredded. I hadn't really noticed it last night, I had been a little preoccupied with the whole almost-killed-by-mermaids thing. 

I ran my fingers through my hair, and tried to take out the tangles. Nolan had only had a tiny hotel bottle of conditioner, which didn't make a dent in my very thick, wavy, waist long blonde hair. I rubbed my skin raw with the soap, I wanted to scrub away the dirt and oil that had piled on my skin. 

To say I had enjoyed that bath would not be right.

I hadn't enjoyed that bath.

I had loved it.

Though I found it strange I was in Nolan's house, eating his food, taking baths in his bath. Kinda gross. Kinda hot. I would not deny I was attracted to him, no one wouldn't be, but I didn't really think he felt the same. He was just so reserved, old fasioned, he rarely revealed his true self to me, and that had been when we kissed. 

Mmm, when we kissed.

I sighed, and pushed my thoughts away. Damn, he was so hot I couldn't get him out of my head. I pulled myself out of the tub, and goosebumps raised on my bare skin. I grabbed the towel that Nolan had laid out for me, wrapping the soft cotton around my body. I wrung out my hair, not wanting it to drip all over me. 

Back to the issue of clothes.

I debated whether or not to ask Nolan or just put on my old clothes. I decided to ask Nolan. I slowly walked to the door, and puched the heavy, cherry wood outward.

I stuck my head into the hall, "Nolan?"

He was leaning against the hall wall, and had his arms crossed ove his chest. When he saw me, he puched off of the wall, coming to stand in front of the door.

"Yeah."

I tightened the towel, "Um, can I have some clothes?"

He noticed I was only in a towel, ahving seen a sliver of me through the crack in the door. 

"Yeah, hold on one second." He dissapeared in a blur, only to return with a bunde of clothes in his arms.

He handed the clothes to me, and I hefted them into my arms, "They're mine, so they might be a little big." His face got strained, " though I don't know what you'll do about your underthings."

I laughed at his uncomfortablness, "I'll figure it out."

And I shut the door in his face.

Back in the bathroom I laid the clothes out on the floor. Nolan had brought me a plain white button-up, with some plain black sweatpants. I brought the shirt up to my nose, and smelled it. It smelt like Nolan, like fresh air and mint.

It smelt wonderful.

I pulled on my bra, kinda grossed out I had to reuse my old underwear. I pulled the shirt on, reveling in the soft cotton, and slipped into the sweatpants. I picked up the towel from the ground, and wrapped it around my hair like a gypsy. 

When I stepped into the hall Nolan looked ready to laugh.

I tilted my head to the side, studying him, "What?"

He laughed, "You look ridiculous."

I frowned, "And how is that my fault?"

He looked at me funny, studying my face. His eyes started to cloud, becoming unfocused as he looked into my eyes.

For a moment I thought he would kiss me.

He turned his back to me, and took a shuddered breath, "You should go back to your room."

And he disappeared.

________________

Heey, how's your winter goin'? Mine's goin' great, it's been about 60 degrees for the whole week, and let me tell you I love it.  

Anyway, do you think I should have a chapter in Nolan's point of view, or keep it how it is?

Reply and vote, or I will sick the hounds on you!

Thanks! :)