XXXVI

Epilogue

The water was just the perfect temperature.

At the Florida keys, I guess it would be hard to have not warm water, but I loved it. The past month or so we travelled over the U.S., into various states and sights. My tail made tiny swish noises when I pushed it through the water. It was fun to make Domitius work to catch up with me. If he wanted kisses, he would have to work for them.

I looked behind my, to smirk and gloat over my speed, but he wasn't there.

I looked around, but saw no sign.

I started to panic, flashing my eyes over the coral and rocks for any sign of life.

A hand clamped on my wrist.

I screamed.

Only to see Domitius.

I slapped him with my tail, and frowned at his smile. His fingers entwined through mine, and I smiled back at him. His smiles were becoming more common, more of an occurrence. I ran my hands over his stomach, the muscles tight but relaxed. He brought his lips crashing into mine, and I happily replied. His fingers tugged at my swimsuit top string, but I pulled away and shook my head. He knew I wasn't ready to do that. I had definitely told him enough times.

His mouth pulled into a half smile, and I gave him a full one.

He gestured upward, to the surface of the ocean. With our hands joined, we swam up.

"I want to show you something, dove."

I raised an eyebrow. I was curious.

He wrapped a hand around my waist, "hold on tight."

We rocketed trough the water, if he used vamp speed he was faster than me, sure, but if he didnt then I was superior with speed. I felt my body fly out of the water, my tail change to legs, and my toes land on soft, smooth sand.

"We're here."

I looked around and gasped. The island was tiny, not even a tree, but a small, squat, rock building dominated the space. The moonlight illuminated the white, marble slabs. There were window and door cutouts, but no windows or doors.

He stepped toward it, his face clouded.

"The last time I was here there were many palm trees." He whispered.

I brought his hand up to my face, and splayed his fingers. He sighed and met my eyes. I laid his beautiful face in my memory, from the thin scar, to how he looks with slight stubble.

A strange emotion, a mixture of butterflies in my stomach and a yearning for his touch, bombarded my mind. I pressed my self against him, no longer scared of how I looked to him. 

His eyes trailed over my face, "Katrina, your so beautiful."

I blushed and mumbled something along the lines of you too. He kissed me, our lips moving in perfect harmony, as though we were meant for each other, two in a pair.

He jumped back into the water, me pressed under him in the flowing current. His hands trailed over my body, sending tingles where his fingers touched.  

It was, officially, the best underwater kiss of all time.

Well, one spot after Percy Jackson.