1

My name is Brinkley and I am moving from Indiana to Virginia. I have no friends in Virginia but, I had no real ones in Indiana either.
I got dressed, said good bye to my dad and left for school.
The school was larger than my last school, but the people seemed the same. It was your average stereotypical school. K-5 were one part, 6-8 in the middle, & 9-12 at the end. I put my headphones in & waited in the lunchroom like everyone else, I scrolled through Instagram. There was a table full of, if I saw it right, the preps & populars. There was a table of people in all black, piercings, & tattoos. There was also a table full of you could tell, the geekier ones. I wasn't in a group, I was in my own group, as always.
There was always really weird reason as to why I wasn't 'popular'. One time it was because my name was weird, I've hated my name every since. I mean really? Brinkley? Not Brinley. Brinkley. Maybe I should say some things about me.
I'm 15, I have a younger sister that lives with my mom in Indiana. I hate my braces. I have a low self esteem, high iq, I'm shy, & I moved here 9 months after school started. My mom & step dad,he's like my real dad though, got divorced 2 months ago & my dad just found a house out here.
The most important thing is I know not to get attached. I might be 15 but I've been hurt. Last year I got attached to a boy, I had just turned 14 & he was 15, he was cute and everything anyone would want. We were friends, then we were dating. We would go on dates every Friday night. It got so bad that I didn't think of anyone else, after 8 months we started drifting, he was all I thought about, but it wasn't mutual. I came over one night and a 15 year old blonde came to the door, I knew who she was. Katy Piper. She was the most popular girl at our school, perfect body, gorgeous looks. She was in boy cut panties & his shirt. He came to the door after kissing her lips. When he saw me his expression went shocked, I didn't give him time to explain, I skated back home. I've never gotten attached again.
The bell rung & I got up avoiding eye contact with anyone looking at my feet. I walked to my locker & grabbed my books that I got this morning and walked to first period, History. I walked in the room, I was the 4th person in there.
When the late bell rung I had to get up in front of everyone & tell them my name and where I'm from. In every single class.
When the last bell rung I grabbed my back pack and waited for them to call my bus, but I couldn't help noticing 3 boys staring at me. I turned around to look to make sure they were staring at me. Sure enough they were unless, they could be staring at the 6th grade boy behind me. Who knows.
One looked my age, the other two looked older. The one I noticed was the one with brown hair and braces. He was wearing an Aztec hoodie, khakis, vans, & a snapback. The oldest one said something like 'come on' or 'lets go' they started walking toward me. Ummm..I'm scared.
"Hi I'm Bryce 17" the oldest smiled as they stood in a circle around me.
"Mark, 16" he smiled, his teeth were perfect.
"Jacob. 15" he smiled showing his lime green braces, he was cute, he had slightly blushed cheeks & dimples.
"Um I-I'm Brinkley" I said quietly, blushing because I stuttered. "Don't be scared you just looked lonely."Mark smiled "sorry I'm not used to people taking to me" I smiled to show them my pink braces, that will be removed in 2 years. They called my bus and I walked away leaving them to talk by themselves.
I got home, dad wasn't home, as usual. I walked up to my room and sat at my piano. I played the tune to Skinny Love and sung as good as I could but I'll never be satisfied. I sighed and just played random tunes on the piano
Knock knock knock
Someone was knocking on a window??
I looked out my window and Jacob was sitting staring at me, with the most gorgeous brown eyes ever. Anyone else agree? Okay JW.
  "I thought it would be rude if I interrupted your beautiful singing" he winked, I rolled my eyes. He laughed, "so your home alone?" He asked, "yeah" I shrugged. "Then, can you help me with my math?"