Chapter 18: The Good Old Days

The next morning I hung out with Jack and we got reconnected. We did all the things we use to love to do when we were younger. We went swimming in the lake and rode quads, went hiking. It was what I really needed to take my mind off things.

"Hey Jess, why don't we go down to the pub later. A few people found out you're back and they've been missing you." Jack smiled at me.

"Are you sure it's me they miss and not my singing?" I laughed a little and so did he.

"Well maybe they missed that too. But I'm serious they wanna see you again."

I looked at him "Okay sure." I agreed. For the rest of the day we hung out with his family and I've missed them so much............................................

................................Ben spent the entire day with Matt and Gabriel. "So what are you thinking of doing when you get there man?" asked Matt.

"I don't know but I do know I'm going to make her listen this time." Ben looked at them. And then dad came out with another key to the cabin.

"Here's my key to the cabin. Don't loose it, its the original key. And don't break her heart again. I don't know why but I'm trusting you with her." Dad said handing him the key.

"I won't hurt her again I promise. I love her." And with that Ben drove off towards the cabin..............................................................

................................................Jack was outside waiting for me. "Jess hurry up." He said with a tad of laughter.

"Okay, okay I'm coming. And don't laugh when you see me." I called back to him.

I walked out of the cabin wearing an off the shoulder blouse hugging me in all the right places and a pair of fitted jeans showing off all the right amount of curves. Jack's jaw dropped to the floor.

"Jessica I am definitely not going to laugh at you. You look hot." Instead I'm the one who ended up laughing.

"Thanks Jack." I blushed a little.

He looked at me and said, "You're welcome. But just so you know I'm not interested in you that way. You're too much like a sister to me, and I'm not sure I like taking you out looking like that." He chuckled a little.

"Good, cause you're too much like a brother to me." I also chuckled. "Okay lets go to the pub." We got in his truck and drove down to the pub. It felt amazing being back here, I never wanted to leave it again..........................................................

.................................................It was a few hours later and Jack and I were sitting down at the bar talking. "So Jess, what made you come back after all this time?" Jack asked me. I told him about Ben and what happened to get me to come back here.

"Well, it sounds to me like you really like this dude. Maybe even love." Jack sank the rest of his beer.

"I don't know Jack. He lied to me. Everything he said and did was a lie." I looked at him and he could see the disappointment in my eyes.

Just then the bartender Fred came over. "Jessica it's so great to see you round here again. We all missed you."

I smiled at him "I missed you guys too." He handed me a drink "here on the house, for old time sake. Hey you gonna sing tonight?" I looked at him stunned.

"No I don't think so. I don't really do that anymore." I shook my head at him.

"Awe, come on Jess. How could you stop doing something you love?"

"I just stopped singing." I looked down at my hands as they both looked at me. A few minutes later they had a song start playing and my eyes went wide.

The music for Weightless by All Time Low started to play. They found a way to get me up on stage and I started to sing.....................................................

..........................................As I was almost done singing I saw Robby. I was confused on why he's here. As the song came to an end everyone cheered for me and I got down. I walked over to Robby and put a hand on his shoulder to turn him around.

"Hey what are you doing here Robby?" I gave him a look that was mixed with confusion and wondering.

"I came to see you. I wanted to make sure you were okay." Robby hugged me and Jack came over.

"Hey you're still an amazing singer Jess. Is this the guy you were telling me about?" he then turned his attention towards Robby.

"Thanks and no. Jack this is Robby."

They shook hands "Nice to meet you Robby."

Robby smiled back at him "Yea same to you."

We all just sat and talked the rest of the night. But soon it became late and Jack stood up "Well Jess, we should get back it's late and you need you're rest."

"Yea you're right jack. Robby where are you staying?" I looked back to Robby.

"Oh um I don't know yet." He looked at me.

"Robby you're going to stay at my cabin then." Robby agreed and we all headed back up to the cabins................................................