Chapter 41: Not Alone

....................The week was going well. Ben pretty much picked me up every morning. Steven was feeling better about him and I. "Hey Steve?" I called from the other room.

He walked through the door "Yea?" he asked.

I turned around "I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to pick me up after work." I told him.

"Okay, who's going to get you?" he asked.

"Ben is after the game." I said as I finished getting ready for school.

"Alright, oh and by the way he's down stairs waiting for you." Steven said walking out.

I hurried down the stairs and as I stepped on the last step I ended up tripping. But luckily as always Ben caught me and saved me. "Well I knew you had fallen for me but I didn't know how hard until now." He said with a little chuckle and I blushed.

I stood up now "Thanks." I said to him.

He kissed me "No problem. And you look so cute when you blush." He said to me.

I grabbed my coat behind the door. "We should get going. Don't want to be late." I said and walked out the door to his car.................................................

........................Once we got to the school we went to my locker. Once I opened it a rose and a note fell out, Ben picked it up for me. I smiled at him "Ben what did you do?" I asked.

He shook his head a little "Jess as much as I would love to be responsible for this, I didn't do it." Ben told me.

Now I was confused "But if not you, then who?" I asked.

He shrugged "Why don't you open it and find out." He encouraged. I opened it and started to read.

Jessica,

It has been too long since I saw you last. We were also interrupted when we tried to be together. But I'm back and I will make sure that I get you back. You can count on it Angle.

Love,

Yours Always

P.S.

Hope you like the rose.

Ben looked at me holding the note and I must have spaced out. "Jessica what's wrong? You started shaking and you look scared." He asked taking the note from me and putting an arm round me while he read it.

He pulled me closer to him when he got to the end. Ben looked at me, holding me to him in a comforting hug. "I'm not going to let whoever this is get to you." He told me.

All I could do was nod my head at him. "I promise Jess, I'm going to do all that I can. I love you." He said once more..................................

......................So the entire day I was a little jumpy when Ben wasn't around. But I was calm at lunch when I was with him and my friends. We showed Morgan, Joey and Britt the letter. They were shocked and tried their best to be with me as much as they could the rest of the week.

Now it was Friday and I was at home with Ben sitting up in my room. My door knocked and Matt popped his head around the door. "Hey what's up? You guys haven't seem like your usual selves lately." He said to us.

I glanced up at him a brief moment but looked back down at our hands. Ben kept his gaze with Matt. "What happened?" Matt asked as he walked in and sat with us on my bed.

"She got this a few days ago." Ben handed him the note.

"Who's this from?" Matt asked when he was done reading it.

Ben answered him "I think it was Robby." he sighed.

Matt looked at me and then back to Ben "Did you guys think to tell someone when you found it?" he asked. I just shook my head at him.

"Why not? The proper authorities need to know about this Jess." Matt told me as I saw Steven walk in.

"Hey what's going on in here?" Steve asked. We told him about the situation and he was mad about it.........................................

............................We pulled up at my job. "Ben you didn't have to drive me. You have to be at the school for the game." I said to him. He looked at me for a moment before speaking.

"Jess I wanted to make sure you got to work alright. There is no way I am going to let that SOB near you when I'm not around." He told me.

I just nodded at him. "I'll be here to pick you up after the game." He said.

I leaned into him and kissed him "Good luck tonight." I whispered to him.

"Thanks, your kiss was lucky enough." He pulled me back in for a lighter passionate kiss. Ben smiled at me once we pulled apart. He could see how scared I was to be away from him at a time like this.

He placed his hand on my cheek and rubbed his thumb on it lightly. "It's going to be okay. I promise, I'll be back when I'm done. I love you Jessica." I smiled back at him.

"I love you too Ben." I replied and walked into work........................................