Chapter 31: A Heart To Heart

I finished reading the letter and looked up at him. "Ben yes I know how you feel about me." He was looking at me still holding my hands.

"Good then you know I love you Jess, from the moment I bumped into you I felt something special between us." Ben told me.

I almost had tears in my eyes; I looked down at our hands "Ben I can't, I'm scared." I didn't wait for him to answer; I got off the couch and went to the steps, Ben followed me. As I was in the middle of the stairs Ben got hold of my hand.

As he took the last step on the stairs he turned me around to look at me and I had tears in my eyes. "Jess there is nothing to be scared about. I love you more than you could imagine." He had said.

I couldn't look up at him I was terrified by trusting someone and to have them care about me the way Ben seems to. "What about you're little bet Ben?" I asked with a little bit of hurt in my voice.

Tears were starting to form in my eyes as he sighed, "Jessica, I called that stupid bet off maybe five days after you gave me a chance." Ben said to me.

"Ben, I can't. I don't want to get hurt again." I said to him with tears in my eyes.

"Jess I am so sorry I hurt you. I was hoping you wouldn't find out about it, I never meant to hurt you."

I couldn't help the tears that were escaping. Ben pulled me into a hug and wrapped his arms around me. "Jess, it's going to be okay. I'm not giving you up with out a fight." Ben told me.

I just stood there in his arms crying. "I promise I'm going to do whatever it takes to make things right between us. I wanna be with you." He sighed and led me to my room.

Once we were in my room Ben pulled the comforter back and moved aside for me to get in bed "Here lay down for a little while." Once I lay on my bed he pulled the covers over me.

I was slowly falling asleep and the doorbell rang. Ben kissed me on the forehead and said "I'll be right back, I'm gonna go get that." I fell completely asleep by the time he answered the door.

"How may I help you?" he said as he opened the door.

 "Well you could start by telling me where my best friend is and why you're at her house?" There stood Morgan.

After a minute or two she pushed past him and into my house. "So are you going to answer me or just stand there all day?" Ben shut the door and led her into the living room to the couch.

"Morgan I told Jess everything, including how I feel about her..." Ben said.

Morgan cut him off "And how do you feel Ben? Cause I'm not going to stand off to the side and let you hurt her again." Ben looked at her and then stood up.

He walked to the glass door that led to the back yard. He was looking out of it as he spoke "Morgan I swear I'm never going to intentionally hurt her. I finally came to realize, I love her."

He looked back to her. "Jess is in her room if you want to go up and see her. I'll go make something for her to eat. You want anything?" Ben asked as he started for the kitchen.

"No, I'm okay thanks." Morgan said as she walked up the stairs to my room................................................

......................................I was lying down under the covers on my bed listening to music with my eyes closed. Suddenly an earphone was pulled out of my ear. I looked up to find Morgan looking down at me. "So you wanna tell me why Ben is downstairs making you something to eat?" she asked.

As Morgan sat on my bed she kept looking at me waiting for an answer. I wasn't sure what to say. "Jess, are you going to tell me or not?" I could tell she was getting anxious to know so I answered.

"Well something happened last night at the party and Ben helped me get home. He spent the night here to make sure I was okay." I explained without giving too much detail.

She opened her mouth to say something but then closed it. After a few minutes she finally spoke "So how come he's still here? I thought you don't like him anymore or at all?" she gave me a skeptical look.

"He talked to me when I woke up." I looked down fidgeting with my hands. Morgan sighed and got up, she walked over to the window and opened it.

"When was the last time you went out and got some fresh air?" she looked back at me. I just kept looking down.

"When I was up at the cabin. And Ben told me how he feels about me." I told her.

Suddenly there was a knock as the door opened and Ben walked in with a tray. "Sorry to interrupt the two of you. I just wanted to bring you something to eat and drink." He said as he put the tray down on my bedside table.

Morgan looked up at him "Ben why don't you go home take a shower and get changed, I got it from here. Jessica needs a girls day out." She smiled at him as he thought about what she said.

"Okay maybe you're right. Jess? Just think about what I told you okay." Ben said as he walked out the door to go home.......................................................................................