XXII (B)

Merry Christmas everyone! This is the second part of the Christmas one-shot! Again pretty long aha. It's still in Ichigo's perspective. Enjoy! ~ 

The next day, I decided to go out and buy kimonos for both of us, but I didn't want Rukia to know so I got up early. I came across a traditional Japanese clothing store and looked around a bit until the shop keeper saw me and helped me find a perfect kimono. It was rose colored with floral prints and a green sash, while mine was a simple dark blue robe. I just hoped Rukia would like hers.

"Where have you-
She stopped mid-sentence when she saw I was carrying something

"Try it on, it's for the festival," I handed her the bag.

She took it slowly and looked a bit suspicious but she went upstairs to the bathroom and changed while I changed in my room.

"It's actually quite comfortable," she murmured as she stepped out in the kimono, which looked really cute on her I have to admit...

I offered my hand to her and together we walked to the festival along with many other people dressed in kimonos. I didn't really wonder where Renji and the rest were, but I knew I had to spend my time wisely before they showed up to ruin the moment.

Rows and rows of vendors selling food, accessories, gifts, etc...were lined along the street, lit by the colorful lanterns that hung above. To really top off the winter festival, it began snowing just then, a light trickle of fine powdered snow flakes

"Ichigo," I heard Rukia and felt a tug on my sleeve.

"Yeah?" I replied, trying to keep cool since I started to feel a blush come on. There was no helping it whenever she did those cute sort of things.

"That seems like your type of game," she pointed at a particular vendor where some rather buff guys were using a kendo pole to  slash at a wooden manakin with a target on its chest.  

I see what she meant when she said it was my type. A friendly game of sword practice. We walked over to take a closer look when the man at the counter beckoned us,

"Step right up and give your best shot! You won't know where the assistant puts the target  since you'll be blind folded. And remember you only have three tries," he explained.

The man before us missed his first two...which was hard to believe since it was common sense to slash the middle first. On his third try, he hit the arm, so he never got the prize.

"Would you like to try?" The assistant, wearing a kendo robe asked as she stood by the manakin.

"Uhh," I started and glanced at Rukia.

She raised an eyebrow expectantly. I guess I could give it a try. Stepping forward I took the pole and the assistant wrapped a cloth over my eyes.

"Ready...go!"

I made a wide slash across the front and heard a ripping sound followed by clapping.

"Wow! That was pretty fast!" I saw the vendor smile as I lifted the blindfold.

The paper ripped in half and fell to the ground. I looked to Rukia who stood by and she gave me an approving nod.