XIX

Ok ok now it's time for the contest ^^ (sorry that was like a filler chapter >~<) but now we'll see how Ichigo and Rukia do! Gambatemasu~ EXTRA EXTRA LONG CHAPTER. (Sorry if it's too long >~< but I'm rushing slightly for purposes you'll find out later~)
(♯`∧')

"Time to go," Ichigo said quickly and rushed back to the pond.

He must have seen the punch coming... I sighed and followed him to where the crowd regrouped. The woman stood at the front once again and gestured for us to start up the stairs that were hidden by yet another curtain of sakura.

"This place is interesting," I heard Ichigo's voice behind me causing me to jump a bit.

"Don't do that, you startled me," I turned and glared at him.

His smiling face made me blush until I realized the group was leaving.

The long flight of stairs curved around the entire bottom floor into a forest of sakura trees, where we could further bathe in its lovely scent.

"Rukia," Ichigo called me from under a tree.

I turned and went towards him, a bit suspicious. His hands were behind him and his expression seemed like he just pulled some kind of prank. But when I reached him, he smiled and brought his hand out, fixing a pink flower to my hair. I looked up at him in surprise and started blushing again.

"What's this for?" I asked with a raised brow. Was he trying to be romantic? That thought made me laugh inside ~

"What, you don't like flowers? Don't girls usually like putting things in their hair?" Ichigo asked seriously.

He was being sarcastic but I didn't think he actually knew what the answer was...

"What do you know?" I teased and started away. The crowd was leaving again.

"W-wait up, Rukia," I heard him behind me and laughed a bit under my breath.

Though I had to admit, the flower petal was a nice gesture. I secretly hoped he would do something like that more often.

As we continued walking together, we finally reached the top of the mountain.

"Ugh, we better win this. I'm half drained from those stairs," Ichigo sighed as we gathered around a stone statue, Reina's friend being in front. She never did announce her name...

I rolled my eyes when I heard Ichigo but I agreed, those stairs were tiring, especially in my gigai.

"Don't worry, I have confidence," I smiled trying to cheer him up.

He gave a light smile back and our eyes met for a moment, causing me to blush yet again and turn back to the woman in front.

"Alright, then, now that you know the rules, please proceed down the path to the first course!" She said with a bright smile.

"Wait, what are the rules?!" Ichigo asked, suddenly frantic.

"Ichigo, I..." I started, looking at his worried expression.

"..." His gaze was anticipating me to say that I knew the rules but...

"I...have no idea what she said," I hung my head in shame that even I didn't hear what the rules were.

"Damn it, what are we going to do?" He sighed.

"Hmm...maybe we could ask someone. Hopefully they heard it," I suggested and scanned around us for someone that looked like they were paying attention, "How about them?" I pointed at a particular couple that was focused on the front.