VII

Yay! They're finally a couple :3 but it was technically already official since like chapter four right? XD
Not much action in this short chapter I'm sorry >~< but it's a nice and "warm" chapter ~
(≧∇≦)

After much thought, Ichigo and I decided that we should go back to the Human world and tell everyone of the news.

"I'm sure my dad won't mind. In fact, I think he'll be happy about it," Ichigo admitted with a light smile.

"Well I hope he will be. And your sisters as well," I added. He nodded happily and took my hand. Winter was on its way and at a time like this, holding a warm, soft hand was the perfect comforter. I leaned my head on his arm and we continued to walk along the Rukongai's grassy path, speckled with the first signs of snow.

"Hello!" I heard a joyous voice sound. I looked up and saw Urahara-San, squatted on the ledge of the brick wall.

"Urahara-San, can you bring us to the human world," Ichigo asked. A devilish smile spread across Urahara's face as he jumped off the ledge. He tipped his hat at us and chuckled lightly,

"You're a lucky man, Ichigo," he started, "I'm sure Isshin will love the news you have to share with him," his expression was almost dark and evil but all of a sudden he spread his arms out and grinned, this time much more playfully, "Of course I'll take you to the human world! I'm going back there anyways!" He chimed.

"Alright then, we'll leave tonight if you don't mind," Ichigo replied, nonchalantly. Urahara frowned and sighed, patting Ichigo's back with his cane,

"Alright, alright," then he looked to me, "Rukia-chan! I'm so very happy for you. I think you and Ichigo make a good couple, right?" He smiled, brightly. I smiled back, with a slight blush.

"Look they're even holding hands!" I heard another voice come from behind the ledge. Yoruichi-San came jumping over, with a smile already wide across her face, "Rukia, you've grown so well," Yoruichi grabbed my arm, hugging me tight against her chest, almost suffocating me.

"Yoruichi-San, are you going to the human world too?" I breathed the words out after she released me.

"Yup! I'm going back to the shop to help this dumbo manage it," she laughed and pointed towards Urahara, who smiled sheepishly.

Later that night, I resided to my room to pack my belongings, when Ukitake Taichou knocked.
"Rukia, I'm glad you found someone that's right for you," he said quietly.

"Taichou..." I didn't exactly know what to say, so I simply replied, "Thank you," with a smile. He touched my shoulder gently and brought out his other hand,

"A gift from me," he smiled and opened his hand, revealing a beautiful flower hair ornament. It was a cherry blossom covered with specks of sparkling dots which I couldn't make out what they were. He attached it to my hair and stepped back, admiring it.
I reached up and touched the ornament, feeling the smooth lines of the petals spreading out in all directions,

"Thank you Taichou," I bowed deeply and sincerely. Even though I knew this wouldn't be our final meeting, I felt the need to thank him because of all that he has taught me. I was to return to Soul Society after three weeks and then I would engage in my full-time job of being the 13th division lieutenant.

"You've become strong, Rukia," he said, "Relax and return here, ready for new challenges," he bowed.
After our exchange, he left the room and I was alone again. I finished packing with a warm feeling in my heart, anticipating the coming time I would spend with Ichigo.