Merry Christmas

A/n: this chapter is not apart of the story. It is just a special Christmas chapter for you all this Christmas day. Hope you all got what you wanted and have a very merry Christmas :)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Lilac knocked on the door of the Gilbert house, waiting in the winter snow with a bag of christmas gifts. It was Christmas Eve and she had been invited to the little christmas party held at the Gilberts.

This was the first christmas party she'd ever been invited to so she was very excited. Usually she'd never te christmas but with her humanity back she could finally get into the Christmas spirit.

The door opened and Elena was standing in the doorway. She wore a big knitted sweater with a polar bear in the center and a santa hat atop her head.

"Lilac your here! Come inside!" Elena opened the door wider and let Lilac inside.

She looked around at all the decorations that lit the house into a colourful wonderland. The aroma of smells entering Lilac's nose almost became too much to handle. Being a vampire didn't stop her from liking certain smells.

Elena passed her a santa hat and a sweater with a snowman on it. Lilac snorted at the funny looking snowman before slipping the sweater on and placing the hat on her head.

Elena took her hand and dragged her into the living room where all of Elena's friends were. Bonnie, Caroline, Tyler, Matt, Stefan, Damon and Alaric. All if then we're wearing some type of christmas sweater.

Lilac was handed a cup of hot chocolate and a cookie before she sat down on a couch. There was a christmas tree in the corner of the room where presents were scattered all around the tree.

There was alot of chatter through out the night. Later on there was a knock on the door. For something to do, Lilac got up to answer it since Elena was busy talikignnto her friends.

Lilac opened the door to see a smirking Katherine, surprisingly with a santa hat on. Lilac began to giggle lightly.

"Ho ho ho, I heard there's a party." Lilac laughed before letting Katherine in. Both girls walked into the living room and soon all eyes were on the curly haired vampire.

"I'm here to party, not to rip your throats out." Katherine said before taking Lilac to the couch.

Katherine managed to get out of wearing what she thought was a hideous christmas sweater and stay in her usual black clothing.

"Guys gather around!" Caroline suddenly shouted. Everyone got up and stood around the Christmas tree.

"Okay so you all know ands tradition we each get to open one gift so chose yours wisely." Everyone scattered and picked out a present. Someone tapped on Lilac's shoulder and she turned, smiling when she saw Elena. She was holding a gift in her hands and held it to her.

"Open mine." She said simply.

"As long as you open mine." Lilac said and took Elena's gift from her out of the bag.

They exchanged before sitting on the couch together. Katherine sat on the other side of Lilac as tey watched everyone open their gifts.

Elena started to open her gift, until she gasped as she stared down at the little bracelet. It was a simple gold chain with a ruby stone in the middle.

"I love it! Thank you." Elena gushed, giving Lilac a tight squeeze.

"I'm glad." She said before Elena stuck her wrist out. Lilac placed the bracelet around her wrist, luckily fitting perfectly.

"Okay open mine." Elena said excitedly. Lilac began opening the gift until she noticed everyone staring at her.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked dumbfounded. Everyone laughed.

"No no, we just want to see what your reaction is." Lilac raised an eyebrow.

"It's your first chistmas with us! It's a special time. So hurry up and open your gift." Caroline pressed and Lilac chuckled before continuing.

Elena looked nervously at the vampire as she opened the box where her gift was located. Lilac picked up the delicate ring and brought it close to her face. She noticed writing on the inside of the ring and read it aloud.

Lilac's have always been my favourite flower. -E

Everyone looked at Elena who was blushed furiously. Lilac placed it on her pointer finger of her right hand before embracing Elena in another hug.

"Thank you so much." Lilac started to tear up.

"You welcome." Elena smiled.

After the gift exchange everyone went outside into the snow to supposivly have a snowball fight. Elena and Lilac stayed inside for a moment, still admiring their gifts from one and other.

"Who knew we'd both get beautiful gifts from each other." Lilac said to herself.

"Seems like fate." Lilac giggled and Elena's comment before getting up from the couch and reachinG her Elena's hands.

"Come on, I want to see what a snowball fight really is." Elena laughed before grabbing Lilac's hands and hosting herself up.

They went to the from ring door and as soon as they opened it they were pelted with snowballs. Ignoring the cold sensation on their body, the girls soon smiled before becoming a team together and threw soonmilednowballed at the others.

All in all, her first christmas was the best one she's celebrated and couldn't wait for next year to come around.