[04]

THEY PUT ALLISON and Bella in the emergency room, a long room with a line of beds separated by pastel-patterned curtains. A nurse put pressure cuffs on the girls' arms and a thermometer under each of their tongues. When the nurse walked away, Allison quickly removed her stupid neck brace and tossed it under the bed.

"What was the point of that thing?" Allison grumbled under her breath, noticing Bella copying her previous actions.

"Allison," Melissa Christopher called out her daughter's name when she walked through the door. "Baby, are you okay?" She asked, turning Allison's head side to side, checking for injuries. "That was a brave thing you did, honey," Melissa told her, "Brave but so stupid," She laughed a watery laugh.

"Bella, are you okay?" Charlie asked as soon as he entered the room, rushing to his daughter and examining her with Allison seated beside her, holding her hand. Charlie finally noticed Allison, "And you. You saved my girl's life. I can never thank you enough for that. You're forever in my debt." He said as he hugged the curly haired girl tightly.

Allison laughed quietly as the man hugged her, "You don't have to thank me, Charlie," She told him when he released her.

"You and I are gonna talk," The distraught father told Tyler, before turning back to the girls. "You alright?"

"I'm fine, Dad." Bella assured her father, "I'm fine."

"No blood, no foul," Allison flashed a smile at Charlie.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I tried to stop." Tyler apologized again.

"I know, it's okay. You missed me, Allison saved me." Bella told the boy, before turning to smile at Allison and rest her head on the girl's collarbone.

"No, it sure as hell is not okay," Charlie said instantly, giving Bella a stern look and Allison another grateful one.

"Dad, it wasn't his fault."

"You could've been killed if it weren't for Allison, you understand that?"

"Yeah, but I wasn't, so..."

Charlie turned to Tyler again, pointing his finger at him, "You can kiss your license goodbye." Allison choked back a laugh.

A pale, and quite attractive, blonde male doctor entered the room. "I heard the Chief's daughter was here, and one of my best doctor's daughter."

"Dr. Cullen," Charlie greeted along with Melissa.

"Charlie, Dr. Christopher," Dr. Cullen greeted in response before taking the clipboard from the nurse that was looking after the girls. "I got this one, Jackie." The nurse walked away without another word while Carlisle looked over the chart, "Let's start with Allison, you took the brunt of the hit. How do you feel?"

"Completely fine, really."

"Look here," Carlisle held up the small flashlight and turned it on, checking Allison's eyes. "You might experience some post-traumatic stress, disorientation, this goes for both of you," Carlisle told the brunettes before turning his full attention back to Allison, "But, your vitals look good. I think you'll be just fine."

"I'm so sorry, Bella, Allison, I'm really—" Charlie pulled on the curtain, cutting Tyler off and separating them.

"Thank you," Allison whispered to Charlie with an eye roll. She heard Carlisle chuckle under his breath.

"I'll be back," Allison told Bella and her mom, before jumping off the hospital bed and walking out the door. Allison made her way to the waiting room, where she was hoping the Cullen's were. She found Jasper and Edward speaking in hushed tones in an empty corridor.