[07]

ALLISON STUDIED HIM for a moment before she reluctantly sat down and watched Jasper relax at the action. "Did you follow me, or something?"

"I feel very," Jasper struggled to explain his feelings, drumming his fingers quickly on the table, "Protective over you."

"So you followed me?"

"I was trying to keep you safe at a distance, unless you needed my help and then I felt what those low lives' were feeling." He explained as he leaned closer to her, as if telling a secret.

"Wait. You felt what they were feeling? As in you felt it too or as in you could feel what they felt?"

"No, no," He rushed, "The second one."

"So what? You're very empathetic?" Allison asked him, arching a single eyebrow.

"To an extent," Jasper hesitated, before shaking his head, "No, I could read their emotions. I could feel their emotions as if they were my own. I can feel every emotion in this room." He continued when he saw her dubious face, "Lust, desire, happiness, anger," He pointed to each person as he said their emotion. The blonde smiled lightly as he pointed at her, "But you, you never have just one emotion. I can never read you with perfect clarity because you always feel so many different things at one time."

"So, that's kind of amazing," Allison breathed as she regained eye contact with Jasper.

***

"Okay, I think I'm warm enough now," Allison stated as she reached to turn down the heater in Jasper's car. Their hands met as he also reached to turn the heat down and his were shockingly cold. He froze for a moment, gauging her reaction, but she only took his cold hand into her warmer one and held it.

Allison and Jasper reached her house; she had given him directions. "Um, I'll see you tomorrow." Allison smiled at Jasper as she reluctantly untangled their hands.

"Wait," Jasper told her, his accented voice strong in the silence, "There's something else I have to tell you. Go up to your room and I'll be there in a moment."

"Okay," Allison whispered, confused. She turned to walked to the door and pulled the key out of the light beside the door. The brunette unlocked the door and locked it behind her because her mom wasn't home from her hospital shift. She removed her jacket and walked upstairs.

Allison walked through her bedroom door and yelped as she saw Jasper sitting on her bed. "How did you get in here?"

"I came in through the window."

"Because that's not extremely odd," Allison waited for her heartbeat to slow before questioning him. "What did you need to tell me?"

Jasper hesitated for a long moment, glaring down at his twisting hands and opening then closing his mouth, only to repeat the process again. Allison moved to sit beside him. "There's really no other way to say this. My family and I are vampires."

Allison regarded him closely for a moment, before hesitantly moving closer to him, "I thought you might be."

"How did you figure it out?" Jasper questioned with an edge to his voice.

"The Quileute Legends," Allison explained in a whisper, lifting a hand to fiddle with the ends of his jacket sleeve, "And a very nosey Bella."