1

6 years later...

Daniel Hunter hid the triumph behind an impassive facade as his rival read through the papers. The satisfaction he felt at his nemesis's barely concealed anger far exceeded any orgasm he'd ever achieved.

Except for that one night-

He squashed the voice as soon as it reared it's head. That night was an aberration and never to be spoken of again. He, instead, focused on his adversary's face, seeing his brain desperately scrambling for a solution.

'Well done, Hunter. I believe this is a check,' Bryan Adams said steadily, referencing a move in chess. His eyes were shooting venom but Daniel just looked impassively back at him,struggling to hide his triumphant smile.

'I don't care what this is. You better have the money on my desk by the end of the week, Adams, or you forfeit this entire house,'Daniel finished coldly. "I was foolish of you to use this place as collateral. Seeing as it had-sorry, has been in your family since they first crossed the pond. But your loss, my gain." And with that, he left. Without any farewell or further questions, or in Adams' case, furious blustering.

Ignoring the gilded hallway and the extravagant staircase facing the entrance, which had been done with the aim to awe the guests once they entered the house, he made his way briskly to the exit. Lips curling slightly at the gaudy interior, he shook his head at the obvious amount of money spent on the decor. It definitely showed Adams had the funds but he was sure it would never grace any magazine cover.

Passing by a large window of which this place was littered with, Daniel saw a young boy playing with a woman in the garden. The boy had curly honey blonde hair and a deep dimple on his right cheek. Laughing while the woman chased him around the lawn. It surprised him that being in the presence of a man like Bryan Adams could produce such a carefree child but maybe, his mother had a hand in developing the boy's nature. Even as his features raised an alarm in his head, Daniel's entire focus was on the woman.

Even after six years, she was still as beautiful as the night he'd met her. Her deep red hair flowing freely about her, her body having grown curvier, becoming more womanly and mature. She had not lost her slimness and clearly having a child did not do anything to detract from her beauty. Instead the love she had for her child made her all the more alluring. Feeling his body reacting to the mere sight of her, he clenched his teeth.

Why? Why did she have such a strong hold on his body? Even all those years ago.

Having targeted her, as a progression in his quest for vengeance, his blood had stopped when he'd first set eyes on her. He remembered how she'd charmed him with her innocence and dry humor. Then gifting him with her chastity- Ignoring the thread of regret and guilt, he resolutely reminded himself of what that bastard had done to his family. His father. To get his revenge and restore his family's name, he was willing to do anything.

Even throw an utter, yet innocent, stranger to the wolves.

--------@@@--------

Entering his parent's house, the memories flooding his mind took him back. Back to the time he and his brother, Jared, tried to hide the broken shards of his mother's favourite vase and failing miserably. Of course, they would have gotten away with it if their youngest sister hadn't snitched on them. Back to the time the three of them had thought it was a good idea to slide down the banister. What had not occurred to them, at that time, that injuries could happen. That's what nine-year old Jared had to suffer through when he'd lost his balance and fallen, which, then, broke his arm. Their punishment had been horrendous; even Jared had to go through it. It had involve cleaning and their, then, mysterious and dusty attic. He felt shiver of revulsion just thinking about it.