Chapter 2

Chapter 2: New In Town

I wipe down the counter and I take the order of Greater Dog, Lesser Dog and Doggo and then go back to the counter to find Sans sitting in his usual seat at the counter. "Hey Sans. You know who that is?" I ask gesturing to the stranger at the back table. He looks at them and back at me. I grab a few orders and take it back to the dogs. Then I go back to Sans and get out a bottle of ketchup and put it in front of him, "just a guess." I say with a smile. Sans looks at me and smiles. "Thanks, but what did that one order?" He asks about the stranger. "Nothing. They haven't said a word and they have weird powder on their hands." Sans' eye sockets widen. "That's a human" he says in a hushed voice. "Stay away from them, I think they are dangerous." Sans says in a worried tone. "We should tell Undyne, they need humans to get out of the Underground. And she is always hunting them." Sans nods. "I'll tell her. Don't worry. But keep the ketchup here, I'll be back... Oh and... Try to keep that human here." I nod and Sans walks out of the bar and looks like he went away from Waterfall... Weird. I walk back over to the human even though Sans told me not to, but he also told me to keep it here. "Have you decided on your order?" I ask pulling out my notebook again. The look up at me, "I'll have a hamburger." They say in a creepy, scratchy voice. I don't need to write it down, so I nod and walk behind the counter and open the door to the kitchen, "Hey Grilby, I need a hamburger, but take your time." I say. He nods and slowly grabs ingredients. I go out of the kitchen and I see some monsters walk in laughing, they are my regulars, and they sit at the counter. I take orders and then suddenly I see Sans come back.

He sits in his usual spot and I give my regulars their orders. "Did you tell her?" I ask Sans. He nods, "you still got that bottle of ketchup?" He asks. I nod and grab it from below the counter. "Here you go." I put it in front of him. I go about my day as usual for a while and then I hear the door open loudly, "Hey punks. Sans, where is it?" I hear Undyne yell. Sans runs out of his chair and up to Undyne, he then points to the human. Undyne stomps up to the human and drags it out of Grilbys. I look at Sans and his eye sockets are wide. He then follows what Undyne did and he walks out of Grilbys. I take a few more orders and then I head into the kitchen to see Grilby, "Hey, we don't need that slow hamburger anymore." I say. His eyes widen and then he slowly relaxes, "Good." When I walk out of the kitchen I see Sans sitting back in his seat and slurping on his bottle of ketchup. "What happened?" I ask. Sans looks at me, "Undyne has a violent side. A side that I haven't seen in a long time. I call it, Undyne the Undying. And she killed the human and took its soul... I'm guessing she is taking it to the CORE to give it to Asgore." Sans then takes a big gulp is his ketchup. "Good. I hope we don't run into another human."

After a few hours I look at the time, 3:26 PM, almost the end of my really weird shift. Today has been a weird day. I go up to Grilby who is now running the counter, "I'm going home for today, I'll see you tomorrow." I say. Before I can go Grilby stops me, "Would you mind working the night shift tomorrow?" He asks. "Sure, what time?"I ask turning back to him. "4 to midnight. You will also have to close up." I nod, "sure. That's fine with me." I say. Grilby nods, "see you tomorrow." I wave and head outside. I start to walk home when Papyrus stops me. "Lanty! How are you? I've heard you've seen a human today! How was it?" I think back to the terrifying looks that the humans gave me, "it was frightening. I wouldn't want to see another one." I say looking at Papyrus who is a lot taller than me. "What?! I bet you were only scared because The Great Papyrus wasn't there to help you!" Papyrus says looking proud of himself. I chuckle, "yeah. Have you seen Sans anywhere?" Papyrus looks around and then looks like he remembered something, "Sans is at home, why?" I shrug, "no reason. See you later Papyrus." I'm not sure where Sans went after he left Grilbys today and I can't help but wonder how he knew what a human looked like. I mean, I can understand him being worried about one being there, after all, they did trap us underground. I just wonder how Sans knew and why he went outside with Undyne. Also, what did he mean by "I call her Undyne the Undying" when she gets "violent"? I don't know, but I don't know if I want to know.

I walk back to my house and I turn on my TV. There is a show playing that is some show that Mettaton is doing with Alphys watching in the background. I always feel bad for Alphys, she has a wonderful personality, but she is shy and doesn't want to go on any of Mettatons shows, even though she built him. I really should talk to Alphys more... I pick up my phone and scroll through my contacts until I find a contact called "Alphys ❤" and I start typing a message.
'Hey Alphys, I know it's been a while, but do you wanna hang out sometime?'
I wait a while for her to respond, but she does after waiting about 20 minutes.
'Uh, s-sure. When?' She asks me
'Maybe tomorrow at 11 or so?' I ask her thinking about how I get to work the night shift tomorrow.
'Yeah, where do you want to meet?' She asks.
'I'll just go to your lab.' I say thinking about how Undyne and I would walk to Hotland and hang out with Alphys almost every day.
'Okay, I'm excited to see you again, and will Undyne be coming?'
I'm the only person that Alphys ever told that she had a crush on Undyne, I think it's adorable.
'I'll try to make her' I text to her. I hope Undyne will come, for Alphys' sake.