Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Realization

We walk down to Waterfall and I see Undyne and Alphys standing there waiting for us. "So Sans is your date..." Undyne starts giving me a smirk. "What's wrong with that?" Sans asks getting defensive. Undyne raises her hands, "nothing, I don't judge at all. I was just saying because Lanty didn't tell me." Sans grabs my hand again, "well I guess I am her date then." Sans says and giving me a smile. Alphys and Undyne hold hands too and we walk a little further until we reach a place that I recognize too much. "I m-made us reservations here... At t-the blook f-family diner." Alphys stutters looking at a sign hanging above the restaurant. Undyne looks at me and memories come flooding back to me. "Maybe this wasn't a good idea... I'm not ready to come back here. I'm sorry." I say as I start to walk away from the others. Undyne catches me and looks me dead in the eye. "Hey, I'm sorry. Alphys didn't know you guys broke up... Especially this recent, she thought that he was going to be your date. She told me after she already made reservations. I'm sorry Lanty. It's just one night. Can you handle it?" Undyne asks me in a concerned tone. I remember how hard the break up was for Nabstablook, he and I just didn't click, but I know he still loves me. I shake my head, "I'm sorry. But I can't." I say sternly to Undyne as I start to walk home. Undyne grabs my shoulder and spins me around. "I know it was hard for you, we can go somewhere else if you want." Undyne offers. I nod, "anywhere but here. I'm sorry, buy I can't see him right now." I say with memories with Nabsta rushing back.

Nabstablook and I used to hang out every day around his house while we were dating. One day he told me that he loved me more than life itself and the next day I told him that our relationship wasn't working. He constantly wanted to be around me and wanted to make me happy. I can't handle someone like that and that's what I told him. That's why we separated and he cried right on the spot. I know he probably is still hurt from me, but it hurt me to see him like that. I thought I loved Nabsta, but I couldn't be more than friends with him.

Undyne snaps me back into reality. "Any ideas on where we go now?" She asks me gently. "I don't know. I'm kinda distracted right now. Can we leave this area before he sees me though?" I ask Undyne nervously looking around. Undyne nods, "yeah. You go wait over there and I'll grab them." Undyne says. I walk around a corner and sit down and begin to cry. I still miss hanging out with Nabstablook even after everything I said and did to him. I must've broken him so bad because I've seen the blook family snail farm closed for days and it still isn't open.

I sit and lightly cry into my hands when I feel a hand touch my shoulder. "Hey. What's wrong?" Sans asks sitting next to me. I wipe the tears away. "Nothing. I'm fine." I say trying to put on a smile. Sans shakes his head, "you're not fine. You can tell me." Sans says lightly. I sigh, "we were bound to tall about this sooner or later," I start trying to delay what is to come, "but me and Nabstablook were dating for awhile and I broke it off about a week ago. It was a really hard break up for both of us and I haven't talked to him since. Sans looks back at the restaurant and then at me. "I'm so sorry Lanty. Any break up is hard. Undyne told us we are going somewhere else." Sans says in a calming voice.

"I'm s-s-so sorry Lanty. I-I didn't know. Or I w-would have scheduled i-it somewhere else." Alphys stammers in a sad tone. I stand up and wipe what tears I still have. "It's okay." I whisper to Alphys pulling her in for a hug to calm her down. "You are a great friend." Alphys whisper back. We hug for a while and then we break it and smile at each other. "Better?" I ask her. She nods, "thanks so much. It does calm me." Alphys responds. Undyne looks at me and smiles and nods. I nod back and then turn to Sans. I grab his hand and we head to a different restaurant.

After eating at the different restaurant and I am back home with Sans I plop on my couch. And Sans dies the same. "You okay after the thing at blooks?" Sans asks me grabbing my hand in to his. I nod, "yeah, thanks for comforting me."I say as I lay on Sans' shoulder. Sans' hand lifts up my head so that it's level with his. "You don't have to thank me. I will always be there for you." He says as he slowly leans to kiss me. I slowly close my eyes and get ready and then memories or Nabsta and I flood back suddenly and I push away.

"I'm sorry. I want to, but I don't know if I'm ready after..." I trail off. Sans nods, "it's okay. I was rushing things too much. I should be apologizing." Sans says as he let's go of my hand. I grab his ha d back, "no, you don't need to be sorry. I'm just not ready." I say looking down. Sans reaches and pulls my head up so that I'm looking at him again, "it's fine. Just be sure to tell me when you're ready." Sans says making me smile. I jump on to Sans and give him a hug. "You'll be the first I tell." I whisper in his ear.