Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Chara

I quickly jump to my feet, trying to think of an escape. Anything to get away and back to Sans. I think of nothing. "What were you talking about before?" The human asks in a raspy voice. I take a few deep breathes to calm myself, "I thought you were someone else." I explain, terrified at what may come next. "Well, I'm not someone else. I'm your best nightmare." The human says, a grin spreading across their face. I see their eyes flash red and a chill runs up my spine. "Oh, and have you seen an idiot flower? I have business with him." The human says with red flashing in their eyes once more. "No, why do you need him?" I say thinking of Flowey and decide not to talk about him. "He isn't who they think he is. He was a prince, my brother. Asriel... I need to kill him like he always wants. He killed me! He didn't obey my wishes! He was... So nice to me and I didn't know why! It was all a trick, to kill his father and me! He wants to destroy this wretched world, but that's my job." They explain in a deep and terridying voice, their eyes staying red for that sentence. I remember hearing that King Asgore had a son named Asriel and they adopted a human... What was that humans name? Oh yeah, Chara. "Are you Chara then?" I ask, trying to keep them talking so that I can think of a way to get out of here alive. "I'm glad they still know my name. But, my real self died ages ago, and this human wants to kill, and that's my job." Chara says creepily. "Why do you want to kill residence of your old home?" I ask curiously. "My home? These idiots killed me! How am I supposed to be in a home with them killing me?" Chara shouts angrily. "Sorry, I didn't know that they killed you." I say honestly. "Well, it was Asriel. He was my best friend until he killed me. Asriel got to live twice, he is in that idiot flower. To tease me, because my last wish was just to lay in those flowers, but Asriel didn't do that. He turned into the flower." Chara mumbles angrily. "I'm sorry, he shouldn't have done that to you." I say, trying to be sincere. "He shouldn't have. But you shouldn't have said that either. I have to kill you now." Chara says, putting her hands over the knife. I need to think of something, anything I can do. Might as well try. I run and jump over her arms and begin to run, I run towards Waterfall for Sans to help me. I try to call out his name, but no words come to me. I feel something pull me to the ground hard and I am faced with Chara once more. "Trying to run?" She asks deviously. I see Sans appear in front of his house, only a few feet away. He looks around and then stops in front of me. Chara puts the knife to my throat, threatening to slice me. Sans teleports in front of me and looks down at Chara. "Let her go, please." Sans says demandingly. "No. I don't think I will. If you don't leave you're next." Chara says grimly. "You're gonna have a bad time if you do this." Sans threatens fiercely. "Awe, threats? That's adorable." Chara laughs. I feel the knife get closer and closer to my throat as Chara drags me towards her in a more convenient way for her. "I'm telling you, don't you dare hurt her." Sans says, his voice getting weaker by the second. "I'm not going to hurt her, I'm going to kill her." Chara says, her grin bigger than before and her eyes completely red. She then slides her knife across my throat letting out red blood to drip along my chest. Sans motions his hand and it flicks Chara away, breaking her neck on a wall and she falls to the ground, dead. Just like I will be soon.

Sans POV

I make that creature break its neck on a wall by making her fly into it. I rush to Lantys side and try to stop the bleeding. "You're gonna be okay." I say, more for my own support than hers. She tries to choke out words, but blood fills her mouth. "You can't die. You can't leave me. Lanty... You... Can't... You're breaking your promise..." I sob as tears drip down my cheeks. I put my hands over her neck, just trying to stop the bleeding and making her okay again. Lanty shakes her head lightly as if to say that she doesn't want to. Tears and blood stain her face. "You can't leave... Please..." I sob, trying anything to keep her here. "I love you so much. Everyone loves you so much. I can't live here without you." I whisper between sobs.

Lantys POV

Tears from the pain and Sans' words spring from my eyes. Blood comes quickly from my neck, making me tired. I try hard to keep my eyes open, I try to tell Sans that I love him, but I just gurgle on the blood. Instead I mouth the words 'I love you, I always will.' And he seems to get the message. "Please..." Sans sobs, hugging me tightly. I wrap my arm around him as best I can and hold his hand with my other. "I don't know what to do without you." Sans whispers between sobs. I move my head in front of his and kiss his cheek as best I can. I have no energy left to move or keep my eyes open. I see a long hallway with white walls, floors and ceiling along the entire way. I hear a little voice in my head say "go ahead. He'll be okay." I shake my head, "no. I can't leave him like this." I shout to the voice. I then feel as if I fell asleep and everything turns black.

Sans POV

Lanty closes her eyes softly and then she goes limp everywhere. "Lanty? Lanty! Please!" I sob into her shoulder. "you can't be dead... I love you too much." I whisper between sobs. I am going to kill every human that ever enters that door to the Underground. I am never letting a human hurt anyone ever again. I lift my head and slowly let go of Lantys dead corpse. Then she slowly disappears and she turns to a gray dust. I feel a hand touch my shoulder and turn to see Undyne crying behind me. "What-what happened?" She whimpers as she falls to her knees.