Chapter 16

Chapter 16: New Places

I wake up the next morning and slowly wipe the sleep out of my eyes. I turn on my side and open my eyes to see Sans laying next to me smiling. "Hey." He says with his smile widening. I quickly wrap my arms around Sans and pull him into a hug. He hugs me back stroking my hair "I missed you." I whisper to him. "I'm sorry, something came up." Sans explains. We release from our embrace and instead Sans holds my hand tightly. "But there are a few things I need to tell you." Sans says grimly. I nod and we walk out onto the couch and I lay in his arms. "So, the reason why I was gone yesterday... I was checking the news about the human, and I found out that a human has passed through. However, this one hasn't hurt anything or anyone, its peaceful as far as we can tell. We talked to a few monsters and I didn't tell Undyne, but I told Alphys to keep an eye on it." Sans explains. "How are we going to handle this human?" I ask. "I just want Alphys to watch for a while. See what its like. But I'll keep you updated. Okay?" Sans says hole in his voice. I nod, "okay. I'm just glad to see you. Also, who was that Flowey guy?" I ask remembering the one who answered Sans' phone. "He was giving me info and I accidentally left my phone with him." Sans explains. I nod and lean against Sans being relaxed. He wraps his arms around me and lays his head on top of mine. "I love you." He whispers gently. "Love you too." I whisper back. Sans and I lay together in the relaxing moment for a long while when I feel Sans jerk upright. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Sorry. Bad dream. Wanna go out or something?" Sans asks in a soothing voice. I nod, "sure. Lets do something." I say. Sans and I decide on going over to his house as I had only been there once and he said he had a machine he had been working on that he wanted me to see.

When we arrive Sans opens the front door and let's me inside. He then leads me to a room that is behind the kitchen and up a few stairs. I see bright lights coming from below the door and Sans opens it and inside there are many different notes, a treadmill and a small white dog laying by a mattress on the floor. Sans looks back at me with a smile spread accords his face. "Pretty random, I know." He chuckles as he walks and lays on the mattress. "Oh, and can you close the door? If Papyrus sees it open he'll come in and tell me to stop being lazy." Sans explains. I nod and shut the door behind Mr and walk over to the mattress and lay next to him. The small dog then slowly walk a over to me and lays next to me. I look back at Sans "I just call him Annoying Dog." Sans says looking at the dog. I nod, "he's adorable." I say as I stroke the dogs fur. "But what I really wanted to show you is behind the house. I've been working something." Sans says with a small grin. I nod, "okay. I'll see it." I say as we both get off the mattress.

Sans takes me behind his house where I see a door that Sans unlocks and leads me inside. There is a few drawers and a giant sheet over something in the corner of the room. Sans walks over to the sheet and I follow him to it. "This is a project I've been working on for a while, but I can't get it right." Sans says as he pulls off the sheet. Under the sheet I see a large metallic device that has wires sticking out of it and laying on the ground near it. "What does it do?" I ask looking back at Sans. "It is supposes to make time travel work for multiple people. But, I can only get it to work on one person, instead of multiple like I wanted. So I kept experimenting on it, but I can't get it to work." Sans explains. I nod, "why do you want it so bad?" I ask leaning on the wall. "Well... I'm guessing you know that there was a Royal Scientist before Alphys..." Sans trails off. "Yeah, what about it?" I ask curiously. "Well, his name was W.D. Gaster..." Sans says with his voice trembling. "Okay." I say trying to have Sans explain further. "Well... He was my father. Until... Until he just disappeared from existance and no one ever saw or even remembered him... Except me." Sans says looking at the ground. I walk to Sans and take him into a hug. "Oh, I'm so sorry." I whisper to Sans softly. He grabs at my back, holding me tightly and I hear a whimper come from him. "Lanty, I miss him so much." Sans whispers between sobs.

"Sans, I'm so sorry, but, why don't people remember him?" I ask still holding Sans in my arms. "He did experiments with Determination. I think one of them went wrong and he... Erased himself." Sans explains. Sans hugs me tightly and I feel his heart beating quickly with him taking deep breaths next to my head. I slowly rub my hand up and down his spine to sooth him. "Its okay. I'm uses to people leaving me." Sans whimpers softly. I shake my head "I won't leave. I'll stay and make sure that you complete your machine and see your father again. I promise." I say. Sans sobs into my shoulder holding me tightly. "You have no idea how much that means to me." He whispers between sobs. I close my eyes to stop tears from coming to them and just hold Sans tightly in our embrace.