Chapter 3

When I head out the door of "Soul Mate" I see James sitting on the hood of my pickup truck. It was an old truck that my dad gave me on my sixteen birthday. It was bright red and I loved it. He slid off the hood and started to side towards me. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I got into the driver's side and put the key in. He slid into the passenger sided like he did this every day. He grins.
I turn towards him. "Get out,"I say with clenched teeth. He ignores me and gestures to start the truck.
"I need a ride."
"To where, because I have to be home by seven." I ask. I looked at the clock and it was 6:15.
He blinks,"Hmm.. Take me to the pub about fifteen minutes from here." I roll my eyes and don't question it. I put the car into gas and pull out of my parking spot. The car ride there was silent, just the way I liked it. When I stopped at the pub there was men sitting in little chairs on the outside. James thanked me hopped out of my truck to greet his "friends." They all looked like they had just gotten out of college. They were also all intoxicated. Lovely. A man about twenty-three years old strides up to my truck.
He grins and says,"Hey,pretty lady, care for a drink?"
I shake my head,"No thank you," I answer back politely through clenched teeth. He shrugs and walks off in a drunken stagger. The men hoot and holler as I signal for James to come here. I roll my eyes. "James, are you sure you want me to drop you off here?" I ask while eyeing the drunken men. "They're all drunk, and they are way older than you."
James rolls his eyes and says,"What? Are you worried about me?" He smirks.
"What? No of course not. I just don't want the police coming to me asking why i dropped an underaged minor at a pub." I retort back.
"I'll be fine, I have no where to go for the night. But if I could stay the night at your house there would be no problem."
I raise my eyebrows. "Really, well I guess I'm leaving you here." I wave and start my truck. When I drive off I turn back to see James walking into the pub. I sigh and reach over to turn up the radio.

I walk into my home to find my aunt sitting on the couch drinking coffee. I run over to hug her.
"Aunt Lucy!" I exclaimed." You're here!" Her full name was Lucy Dean. She was my mother's sister. She was unmarried and twenty-five years old. She had brown hair, like my mother. She was tall and lean.
"Hey,Tracey!" She crowed. We babbled on for a while. I had found out that she was coming to live with us, and my dad had never gotten to tell me because of his work. He had been extremely busy lately. I had also found out that My Aunt Lucy had had two boyfriends since I had seen her last. We hadn't seen each other for two years other than the funeral where we were too busy grieving for my mother rather than talk about that. She currently has a serious boyfriend but he was oversees in the army. We talked a bit more until John got home from soccer practice. Apparently, Lucy dropped him off at the soccer fields before I got home. Even though John was only eight years old he was very good at soccer. My heart swelled up with pride for my younger brother.
"Well, what do you want for dinner?" She asks. She had gone to the grocery store before she came here. "I didn't know what food you guys had so I just got food that should last us about two weeks." She explains as she carried grocery bags into the kitchen from the car.