18

Camila's POV

My dad grabbed my arm and dragged me into the kitchen.

"What?" I whispered, harshly.

"What? I just found out that you have a girlfriend and all you have to say is 'what'?" My dad questioned.

I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I don't see what the big deal is," I told him, honestly.

"Karla, she's a girl." He tried to explain.

"So?" I questioned. "I'm 18, Dad. I can date whoever I want. And if that person is a girl, then who cares." I shrugged.

"I do. I care,"

"Dad, I really don't see the big deal here. It's just a girl."

"Oh? So she's 'just a girl'?" My dad questioned.

"I-No. Of course she's not just a girl. She's different, she's special." I admitted.

"Can't you just be happy that I finally found someone?" I asked.

"I'm just scared," My dad admitted shyly. "Austin broke your heart, and honestly I just didn't like Shawn because he would NOT stop talking."

I laughed.

"Well, you don't have to be scared. Lauren's really nice, I think you too will get along great. You'll like her, I promise." I said, smiling happily.

__

"So, Lauren, how did you meet Camila?" My mom asked.

"Well, she just randomly texted me during class one day, and we just... continued to talk to each other." Lauren explained.

My mom nodded.

I looked at Lauren and she just smiled at me, placing her hand on my thigh.

I smiled back then I looked back at my mom.

"Well, I'm glad that you two found each other." My mom said, making me and Lauren smile.

We continued to sit in a comfortable silence, until my mom spoke up once again.

"You know Lauren, I have a feeling that you and Camila are going to be together for a long time."

"Oh, really?" Lauren asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," My mom nodded.

Lauren looked at me and smirked.

I ignored it because I thought it was nothing, but then I felt her hand move up a little bit higher.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Nothing," Lauren replied, smirking.

Moments later, I felt Lauren's hand move up once again. Except this time, she started tracing circles on my upper thigh. I tried my best to ignore it though.

"Wait, so you were the one to text Lauren?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, it was Dinah's idea, actually. She thought that I should have more friends, so she gave me Lauren's kik."

"Oh, well that's nice. But I still don't quite understand," My mom said.

"Well, Dinah is friends with one of Lauren's friends. Her name's Normani, by the way." I said.

"Okay, go on," My mom said.

"Dinah asked Normani if she could have Lauren's number or something, and then she-" I was cut off by Lauren's hand, her fingers trailing up even higher now.

I gulped and looked at Lauren.

"Are you okay, Mija?" My mom asked.

"Uh, y-yeah. I-I'm fine." I stuttered.

I looked at Lauren and she just smirked again.

I sighed, leaning back into my chair.

This is going to be a long night.

_______________________________