CHAPTER SIX: A Fake Relationship

Wendy's POV

"Please! It's okay. I don't need to go there." I said as Jessica pulled me through the crowd after school to the discipline master's office.

"I had enough of her. This was way too much!" She shouted and I still continued to struggle out of her grip. Is not that I didn't want to go report, is just that I didn't have enough solid evidence, to prove that she bullied me.

"Come on in." Mrs Winston said as Jessica pushed the door open. It was too late to turn back. Jessica dragged me into the office.

"Take a seat." Mrs Winston said and Jessica pushed me by my shoulders onto the chair.

"Yes? Anything you want to talk about?" Mrs Winston said as Jessica sat beside me. Mrs Winston was the head discipline master and also at the same time; a school councillor. I looked at Jessica and she eye gestured me to tell her everything.

"Ermm... I..." It was weird to say it myself. Mrs Winston, I am being bullied. It's kind of an awkward sentence now that I know...

"You...?" Mrs Winston question as she stared at me. There was silence when Jessica decided to confess.

"She's being bullied." Jessica said and I observed Mrs Winston to see her reaction. A moment of silence passed as I saw the blank expression on her face. That must have been too sudden for her.

"Who is it? Who's the culprit?" She asked as her face turned serious. REALLY serious.

"Alina Miller." I said softly.

"How did she bully you and do you have any evidence? Even if it's true and she did bully you. Nothing's going to work even if I believe you."

"Yes, I know. I came here with evidence, but I'm not sure if it is enough..." I said and pulled out my English textbook and flipped to the pages that Alina have scribbled on earlier.

Mrs Winston asked me to explain and tell her everything that happened, not only for what happen during English class earlier this morning, but also everything ever since she started bullying me.

"You're not the only one that has come to report about Alina Miller. She has several victims and most of them have also reported cases." She sighed. I stayed quiet as I didn't know what to say.

"But you're the only one with actual solid evidence. I think it's time the discipline committee and I take action and proceed with the deserved punishment for her." With that she stood up and told us that we we're excused.

As I stepped out, I felt like a stone had been lifted up my heart and I felt so light.

"Thanks, Jess!" I jumped and hugged her, feeling happy once again.

"Ha! Told you we should go." I backed away from her and saw that she smiled.

"Let's go." I said.

"Where?"

"Home of course! I'll walk you home as a thank you gift."

"Really? Aww... You're so sweet!" she said sarcastically.

________________________

When I reached home that day, I laid in bed thinking about Alina and Edwin.

Now that I have told Edwin my decision, what was I supposed to do? Pretend to be lovey-dovey in front of his mum and as strangers when we're in school?

A message suddenly popped out on the screen of my phone. I reached out to my bedside table and grabbed it. A message from Edwin.

5pm@ Woodsville Park, tomorrow

He wants to meet tomorrow 5pm at Woodsville Park?! Why am I so excited? It's just a meet up with a fake...boyfriend... At the thought of the word 'boyfriend' made my heart flutter and my stomach churned. Feeling excited for tomorrow, I smiled and screamed, using a pillow to cover my mouth so my mum wouldn't hear me. It somehow felt like a dream. After 'dreaming' in my own world for a while, I got back to reality and replied Edwin. It actually took me quite a large amount of courage to just press that send button. But finally, I did.

Okay, see you.

Feeling nervous to see me?  He replied, almost immediately.

What do you think?

Hmm...I think it's time for my girlfriend to go to sleep. Goodnight... Hope you don't snore, I don't like girls who snore.

Urgh! What's wrong with is guy? I don't snore! I thought and smiled.

I don't snore! Anyway, goodnight. I replied.

You never know when you sleep XD He replied and saw that he wasn't online anymore and was last seen at twelve twenty AM. I checked the time now, it was twelve twenty two. I switched off my phone and placed it on my bedside table before switching off the lights and drifted off to sleep, thinking about Edwin...

Edwin's POV

When I arrived home that night after going out with my friends, I sat on my couch with my parents watching some television programmes. As I was bored, I decided to text Wendy. I think it was better if we meet up soon and got to know each other better before meeting my parents.

5pm@ Woodsville Park, tomorrow I texted her. I have no idea why, but I always felt really comfortable around her, when we were at the school's hallway and she lost her book and also when she was returning my book to me and even now. It was the first time that I felt so comfortable to talk to someone, excluding my parents of course.

She was immediately online. It was long before she replied.

Okay, see you. I decided to tease her a little.

Feeling nervous to see me? I chuckled and laughed at myself and soon after, I found my parents looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"What's wrong with you?" my mum asked.

"Nothing...Just texting my friend."I said and got back to texting.

What do you think? I looked at the time and realised it was already passing midnight.

Hmm...I think it's time for my girlfriend to go to sleep. Goodnight... Hope you don't snore, I don't like girls who snore. I teased again.

I don't snore! Anyway, goodnight.

You never know when you sleep XD I replied, before my dad called out.

"It's late, Edwin. Go to sleep soon." He said and both my mum and dad went back to their bedroom, living me alone in the living room. I didn't even notice my parents retreating back into their room until dad called out to me as I was so engrossed in texting Wendy. I switched off my phone and the lights before going back to my bedroom on the second floor.

As I crawled on to my bed, I went to WhatsApp to see Wendy was last seen at twelve twenty two and it was already twelve twenty five.

She must have gone to sleep.

I placed my phone beside my pillow and went to sleep; somehow feeling excited to meet Wendy tomorrow.

Why was I excited? I was only doing this fake relationship for my parents.